The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Uses for a pressure fan? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffelglass
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of daffelglass
I recently spent about a week working on my pressure fan, and I'm wondering if anyone has any practical applications for it. Or does it just look cool?

Many thanks
Daniel
“There is not a physicist in the world who can perceive when a parlor magician palms off playing-cards.”

-Charles Fort

Twitter: @daffelglass
www.magicandgarbage.wordpress.com
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1463 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
There is quite a few applications for the pressure fan! It's my favorite fan to do. A few applications off the top of my head that are quite easy are a peak, a force, a beautiful control, and of course you can always just show off Smile
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Its a quick card locator - either looking at the indicies for something like Paul Harris' "Deep Thought" (art of astonishment vol 1)

or, using the backs, if there is a subtle one-way design like in Palmettos, you can use a perfect pressure fan to locate and cut to that instantly.
Perry
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Perry
I am just getting started back at this. When I was a kid I did a lot of shows for family and friends. They had to watch. In my early teens I gave up because I had no support from anyone who could help. (mom always wanted to see my latest trick).
Something that would really help now is an easy fan. For those pick a card routines.
What is an easy fan to learn?
In Paul Zenon’s book Magic Tricks he out lines the pressure fan, but the pictures and the text do not bring it together for me. When doing this right handed, fanning with right hand holding in left. Is the center of the cards bowed towards the right hand or the left index finger?
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
It should be bent over the left fingers if you're applying pressure with your right.

there are a couple crappy tutorials on youtube that you could probably learn from with a simple search.

if you want to get hella good I recommend checking out http://www.flourishman.com , you will learn fans and a whole lot more...
Perry
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Perry
Thank you trashmanf I will try the youtube route.
webghost
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of webghost
Trashman is sending you in the right direction if you really want to make very nice fans. Jerry's encyclopedia and/or XB is a great way to go...and a lot of training.
ElCoral
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ElCoral
The LePaul Automatic Jog Control is a very deceptive way of having a chosen card inserted in a pressure fan, then "auto-injogging" it is you square the fan. Its in Card College V3.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Also the pressure fan can be used for Steve Drauns diabolical Peek glimpse.
It is written in one of the best books since 2006, at least I thinkt hat:
Dear mr Fantasy
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Uses for a pressure fan? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL