The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn with Magazine Clippings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Yes, after you change the bills three of the four bills can be spent. If you use five bills, like me, than four of them can be spent.
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
170 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
Cool, thanks for the quick response!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 19:46, **Roper** wrote:
Cool, thanks for the quick response!

You're welcome.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2452 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Has anybody considered this as a presentation for magazine clippings (have not made a set this way myself)? "As a magician I have found a safe way to carry my money. I just carry around a few pieces of newspaper, no thief would be interested in this. Then if I need the cash, etc."
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 21:31, Xcath1 wrote:
Has anybody considered this as a presentation for magazine clippings (have not made a set this way myself)? "As a magician I have found a safe way to carry my money. I just carry around a few pieces of newspaper, no thief would be interested in this. Then if I need the cash, etc."

That is what Fred Kaps did.
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
170 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
Sounds like a good presentational ‘hook’ for motivation to perform the trick…thanks!
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
836 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Anyone played around with African notes? Take a look on eBay, under Zimbabwe notes, for example, and there's quite a selection. Unfortunately, the ones I've checked on are the wrong size (too small, usually). I'll keep a look out for others - just had a look at the Nigerian ones, but they seem expensive coompared to the Zimbabwe ones.
You can buy 10 billion dollar notes, and perhaps even larger than that for just a few US dollars - check it out!

I'm looking for notes to match, or ones I can trim, to suit 20 Euro notes, which are sized 132mm x 71.5mm.

Anyone found a way round this? Suitable cheap notes, I mean?

Thanks!

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
australia
187 Posts

Profile of liampower
I live in australia so the money is very clourfull, and I had the same problems with the magazine cllipings showing, heres my solution. I scanned a $5 note on both sides and then on photo shop I cut out the middle so it was blank. Now you have a piece of paper the exact size of a $5 with a 2cm border that matches exactly but the middle is blank and it is obviously fake even from a distance, works like a charm.

hope this helps someone
ebusojar
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of ebusojar
Personally I don't use clippings, because I think the more magical effect comes from changing visible, real money into that of greater value. It's just more believable to me as something a REAL magician would do.
Evan Northrup
www.evannorthrup.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just thought about using Mismade Bills for Extreme Burn. Anyone tried that before?
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
If you cut 4 sheets at a time, you'll make the size exact. Which is easier that way!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn with Magazine Clippings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL