The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Why is little mentioned of Jeff Sheridan? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I just bumped into him by accident. Guy in black, surrounded by a crowd, doing the knife through coat. I only saw him that once.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Profile of JohntheMagician
So I just got a copy of his book, it's on my list after I finish Cellini's. Got them both this weekend, lucky me.

So is Jeff still performing anywhere. I'd love to see him first hand.

Being in the Armpit of the universe, Pennsylvania dosen't really help me get out all that much, after all Amish people are notoriously bad at tipping.
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” ~ Doug Henning
<BR>____________________________________________
<BR>WWW.ILLUSIONDELUSION.COM
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
As I understand it, he's in Germany and does mostly mentalism nowadays!

Amish tippers! The concept is funny!
Ain't life unkind?"
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
"Hiram, drop this cake in der English's hat...he looks thin."
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Evil Dan...did you see Jeff Sheridan at Marc Desouza's in Phila by any chance? The same exact thing happened at that lecture. It was very uncomfortable for me and everyone else in the room...as dead silence crept over the crowd while Jeff berated the magician that suggested a different approach.

I do agree that when you attend lectures to keep ideas to yourself or share them with the lecturer in private after the presentation. However, there are better ways to handle a situation like this than the way Jeff did.

I found Jeff to be a VERY strange dude. I guess most artist would be a bit strange. He is very talented and I've never seen anyone fan a deck of cards more perfect than Jeff Sheridan...and his Swan Lake rope routine was exceptional.

Rich B.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Rich B.,

Yes, that's the lecture I attended.

EVILDAN.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-08-15 10:39, Leland Stone wrote:
"Hiram, drop this cake in der English's hat...he looks thin."

See, this is why I never drink anything while I'm on the computer!
Ain't life unkind?"
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1781 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Not judging him but the dvds I have of his are super boring, including the performance pieces.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2008-08-20 12:25, tboehnlein wrote:
Not judging him but the dvds I have of his are super boring, including the performance pieces.

LOL...and how is it that you're not judging him?
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1781 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
LOL .. I clearly stated that I was referring to the DVDs & the performance pieces included in such, I have a thorough understanding that the performance on an instructional dvd is a far cry from a actual performance. Additionally I know an individual that was mentored by Sheridan while he was performing in New York, this individual had nothing but praise for sheridan.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-08-10 20:11, tom hughes wrote:
Hmmm.... don't hear about Harry Anderson's busking days? Yet last night myself and a large number of Asheville based magicians ( our club actually had a "busking night") were out busking on Pack Square when Harry turned up... tipped well ( a real gent) and stayed a while to chat about busking. I tried to get Harry to work a while but I think he didn't quite feel like showing us up as the amateurs we really are... nevertheless is was quite something to have a busking icon in the crowd.

I've got fond memories of my time in asheville. No wonder Harry moved there after New Orleans arseploded...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2008-08-11 11:18, JohntheMagician wrote:
... after all Amish people are notoriously bad at tipping.

Buy a rabbit in hat puppet and replace the rabbit with an Amish punching puppet. I did this for a card trick in which "Amos" suddenly appears to rid me of the devil.

I'd imagine this would clear your non-tipping crowd and make room for real tippers.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24263 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-08-20 17:17, tboehnlein wrote:
LOL .. I clearly stated that I was referring to the DVDs & the performance pieces included in such, I have a thorough understanding that the performance on an instructional dvd is a far cry from a actual performance. Additionally I know an individual that was mentored by Sheridan while he was performing in New York, this individual had nothing but praise for sheridan.

Sometimes it is difficult to convey the way an audience will react to a given piece when you are performing it in front of a camera in a studio.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Why is little mentioned of Jeff Sheridan? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL