The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Los Angeles Open (Joker, Joker) Patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
The Los Angeles Open is the bonus trick that comes with Gordon Bean's "Joker, Joker." Unlike many in this forum, I actually like Joker, Joker because it has a much more reasonable premise. It's one of those little magical things you can do right as soon as you pull your deck out and the clean-up is very logical to the spec.

Anyway, I also plan on performing Los Angeles Open as an "Opener" to a bit of card magic with an almost full deck.

My question is, how do I make the "open prediction?" Should I toss it off to mentalism (which is something I'm only just beginning with) or is there some better way to do it. I feel like saying "YOU'RE GOING TO PICK CARD X!!!" is a bit of a "challenge" to my spectator, and in an opener I just want to greet them with a bit of magic.

Also, as a side-note, please PM me if you have any really nice ways to clean up the tabled version so the deck can be manipulated cleanly after the opener.

Thanks in advance to all of the Café contributors!
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I've been playing around with a bit of comedy for this one recently. I am not really a mentalist per say, so I went with this.

"Go ahead an think of any card....ok...now turn over the top card" (of the deck in my hand). When they turn the card over, I say "would have been cool, wouldn't it" (gets a laugh).
"Ok, how about I pick a card and YOU find it instead....." ...go into the routine. This requires a set up of one indifferent card on top, obviously.

Thoughts?
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Los Angeles Open (Joker, Joker) Patter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL