The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Which busking talent receives the most? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Does magic receives the most for street busking? If not, which talent collects the most in general?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
It ain't the talent. It's the personality, the showmanship and the ability to turn the tip. I've watched very talented instrumentalists rock & wail...with a case empty of cash. I've seen others with modest talent create laughter, draw and keep a cohesive crowd and really draw the bucks by engaging and entertaining the crowd. I personally don't believe it's what you do as much as how you do it. Why doesn't this sink in?? Do what you do...whatever it is...do it well, make it fun and make the crowd WANT to thank you with their greenbacks.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Here, here!!!

I agree. In just a few short weeks my girlfriend and I have gone from a few bucks per hat to a few bucks per person and this past week received four 5's in the span of four shows.

I was told by the seasoned buskers that you can't concentrate on the money. Concentrate on entertaining and the money will come...eventually.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Jugglers. Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Jugglers, but they have to do a looong show that can die mid-show if they're not utterly charming, a little bit lucky -oh, and good at juggling, too.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I bet magicians come in second.
Kevin Mc Lean
View Profile
New user
Kevin Mc Lean
57 Posts

Profile of Kevin Mc Lean
Hi Dynamike,
balloon artists do okay too in a sidewalk situation. It's visual, colourful and kids love 'em. I've even seen people who can't sculpt a lot of them do reasonably well. Cellini mentions it in his book.

In fact, if you are just starting out on the streets and can do a few, give it a try. At the end of your show, twist one or two and a lot of people who may not normally give will probably come forward.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2008-08-10 23:13, Skip Way wrote:
It ain't the talent. It's the personality, the showmanship and the ability to turn the tip. I've watched very talented instrumentalists rock & wail...with a case empty of cash. I've seen others with modest talent create laughter, draw and keep a cohesive crowd and really draw the bucks by engaging and entertaining the crowd. I personally don't believe it's what you do as much as how you do it. Why doesn't this sink in?? Do what you do...whatever it is...do it well, make it fun and make the crowd WANT to thank you with their greenbacks.

Brilliant advice from Skip Well said!!!!
Sums it up perfectly

Cheers

-Brent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Which busking talent receives the most? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL