The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » South France (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Anyone busked Juan Les Pins ? Antibbes, Nice, Cannes?
Juan Les Pins was fantastic in the late 70's though I haven't been there since.
I wasn't a performer but a spectator,and still young. Saw 2 guys kill night after night with fire breathing( just poured something from a grimy plastic bottle into his mouth and spat at a cricket lighter a few times) and a swallowing razor blade routine. That was their whole show and they did great.They really entertained and made everyone laugh. They dressed like cowboys. That is little cowboy hats and a vest.
Saw a guy in full evening dress ( tails ,top hat and gloves) in the middle of the day in Cannes near the old port do card manipulation in front of a Café. Didn't get much as Telly Savalas was walking up the street followed by about 50 people.
Whats it like now?
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Nice was nice but slow, kinda tuff, it´s a ladys on holliday together town they called it a hen town. it might have a festival which would change all that and make it great.

it was the most beautiful place i´ve ever been, being in the french riveria, we have nothing like it in the u.s in my opinion makes california look like a garbage heap....which I think it is anyway.

the people are really rich not credit rich like in cafornia. the reason I keep mentioning calif, is because people have compared the wheather and coastlines to calif and it´s just arogant american dreaming, i´m an american i´ve been there and we got nothing like it.

cannnes was great especially for in the film festival I made great money but it was tuff to get a hotel so I would take the train to nice for the nite and return in the morning.

I did great all up and down the coast.

beware do not go to marseille the huge islamic population hates americans...at least that´s the impression I got when my crowd chased me down the street when they figured out I was an american.....some of them had knives.

it is said that marseille is the the most dangerous city in europe for crime, but I assure the reader any of our big cities would send a marseille criminal begging for his mommy.
dedikc
View Profile
Loyal user
France (Lyon)
278 Posts

Profile of dedikc
HEy.
I'm living in Lyon, in center east of FRANCE.
Marseille isn't like you describe. Yes here are some criminal, but its the same like Paris or Bordeaux,.... It's a réputation.
If you want make big hat in south france Nice is a good town. St raphael have number of tourism, lot of Chinese. You can busk in Arles. An old town!
Or Montpellier si a good town..
My preference is St raphael.

When did you want to busk??

Sorry for my English, hope you understand.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Thanks for the responses Jimmy and dedikc.
I hope to get back there someday soon.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » South France (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL