We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Just found out I have swollen Lymph Nodes. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
So, I had a kidney stone removed last January. They said I had to come back in August for a follow up CAT scan. I got the call a little while ago and was told that the stones look like they have all dissolved and passed...Good news.

"Oh, but wait, what's this??? You have two swollen Lymph Nodes."

I was asked if I had some of these following symptoms; Any night sweats? YES, my pillow is soaked each night! Any shortness of breath? Yes. Any discomfort in the abdomen? Yes. Do you smoke? No. Any change in your B.M? Uh, not sure, but since Saturday things seem different??? So, maybe?

So they said to come right in and let us start some tests and blood work...

I tried to look up lymph nodes on the net but it way too hard to understand. The one thing I did notice, every article had the word cancer in it. So I stopped reading and am going to head in first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm a little scared but I put my faith and trust in God.

Funny thing is...Saturday I went for a short 40 mile ride in the morning. I had to be home before noon because I had a party to attend at 12:30. I didn't eat a proper breakfast and went out with no powerbars, I only had some granola bars, I figured that would be good enough to hold me over. I mean it was only 40 miles, the weather was good, not too hot. Plus I had a lot of water.

So the ride was great, all climbing for the first 30 miles then a flat race home at full speed. Along the way I met up with a dude on a $7,000 Cervelo road bike. We started chatting at 22 mph but I was in a little of a rush and wanted to kick it up a notch so I dropped him and grabbed onto the wheel of two guys who had just passed us. I was flying and feeling good. Those guys were feeling better and eventually dropped me. No biggie. As I got close to home All of a sudden I felt a little strange and decided to forgo my ceremonial lap over the GWB and went straight home. I was doing well on time and it was only around 11 AM. I though I could relax for a few minutes before I hit the shower.

AS soon as I got undressed I felt like I was having Heat Stroke??? What? I couldn't believe it. I mean it was only in the eighties and I only went for 40 miles. But I was totally wrecked! I had to lay down and curl in the fetal position, my head felt like it was going to explode. My breathing was labored and I was in pain. I had shortness of breath and was more perplexed than anything. I just didn't understand what I was feeling. I had heat stroke in the past but it only lasted a few hours. I was in bed from Saturday till this morning. I was going to ride this morning but thought I should listen to my body and not.

Then I get the call about the lymph nodes...

I wonder if this could be related?

This has been a good year riding so far. I missed January but have been feeling really strong since. I think I am in my best shape on the bike that I have ever been and I’ve been smoking people out on the road. My average speed is way up and my training is going very well.

Oh well…

I didn’t tell anyone in my family…yet. So, please keep this on the DL until I find out what the tests say.

Thanks -
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1612 Posts

Profile of randirain
I am an ex-nurse.

Swolen lymph nodes are a sign of infection.
It also means that the infection is on the way out.

Aside from cancer... swolen lymphs are a good thing.
It means the infection battle has taken place.

Randi
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Justin, ditto what Randi said.

Please keep us posted.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hey thanks!

So far;

I had my blood done.
Chest X-ray.
CAT scan.
Got a PPD test.
Spoke with the General sergon.

They said the nodes are floating and that they are around my spleen and in my abdomin. What that means I do not know?

Everything looks good with the tests and the sergon said there was no need to go in and get a tissue sample. Instead they are going to reccommend that I get a sample drawn at another CAT scan. I am scheduled to see the Hemitologist Goncologist on 9/8. They will decide what the deal the lymph nodes are? As a man, I asked no questions and thanked them for the tests and their help.

I'm pretty healthy.

The heat stroke was totally unrelated and I think it was do to lack of electrolites that day.

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate it!

God bless the V.A!
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
1000 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Stay cool headed about it.
We've just been thru an ordeal and I understand your concern.
Luckily your in NY and if you need help , the best is here.

I'm looking for a recumbant to get out there, so maybe I'll see you when you pass thru Piermont........lol

btw,nice niche on the tour guide

Best,
SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks Sebastian!

Meet me at the GWB and we'll go to Piermont together. Either that or we can do some early morning laps around the park, Call me anytime, I ride all the time, all year...except rain and some days right after it rains.

On a follow up note...

So far I've been through a bunch of tests and all they know so far is that I have lymph nodes in my abdomin and my spleen is enlarged. I just gave some more blood yesterday and I have to go back for a full CAT scan with contrast. The next steps after that would be a PET scan and/or a CAT scan with biopsi. They are are on the lookout for lymphnoma. That's all I know at this stage.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Justin, please keep us posted. In the meantime, you'll be in my prayers.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks Donal! Will do.

I have no fear, God loves me and it's not my will, it's his. I'm just very grateful for the V.A!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Well, I had two more tests yesterday. A CAT scan with contrast and an Ultrasound.

The ultrasound was for something they found on a certain place on my body.

The CAT scan was for the lymph nodes.

This morning while I was riding I got a phone call (around 8:30 AM) but ignored it until I was done with the ride. I just listened to the message, they want me to call back and make an appointment for general surgery.

Now, I don't know what to do???

I'm not in the mood for any surgery at this time. I have too many things happening, a bunch of shows for October, my tour guide test and not to mention, riding. I don't want to be off the bike again. The kidney stone kept me off the bike for five weeks at the beginning of the year.
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Justin, although you didn't mention what type of "general surgery" is being recommended, and while I can well understand your feelings in that regard, do you think you can afford to not have the surgery?
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
True. I did call them and they want to see me Monday to discus the plan. I'm not really worried, I was just being selfesh, I didn't want to lose any riding time. But I guess the alternitive is worse.

We'll see what happens next?

Thanks for your thoughts and concern, it helps!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Justin,

Whatever you do ..stop reading the web. It's good to be informed but only do that when you know what's causing the infection as knowledge is power. However, reading stuff without all the facts can kinda backfire too as something you read may cause you to be concerned needlessly. Hope that makes sense and keep us posted.

Chrystal
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hi, thanks. Don't worry about me being a worrier...not my nature. I'm a Warrior!

Just a quick update...

I went for my PET scan this morning and I will know by tomorrow if I have cancer or not. When I know, I'll let you know.

Cancer-schmancer!
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
I wish you the very best of luck with your test results tomorrow!

I work at a Catholic school, so I'll have my kids include you in our morning prayers... that's 36 little prayers that you'll be safe and well Smile
-SillverFoxxy Smile
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thank you, that’s very touching. You know, I was a bad catholic growing up (it was the 60's) I got thrown out of religious instruction ( I went to a public grade school and every Friday we had to go to a catholic school for) and I never made my first communion...I didn't really start to commit to God until I was 39 yrs old. I never knew how to say the Lord’s Prayer before that knew and nothing about the bible. One day I decided to ask god to forgive me for being the way I was, without hesitation he welcomed me with open arms. I learned my prayers, read the bible and pray the rosary every day since.

So...

I fear no evil. God loves me and I KNOW it. If God is with me, who can possibly be against me?! Nothing happens to me, it happens for me. The worst thing that can happen if I am found to have cancer is that I will be performing more magic shows in cancer wards. So, feel sorry for those people! lol...

If people pray for me, I ask that instead they pray for those less fortunate than me. I ask God to help those in most need of his mercy and put me last on the list, he made me tall (6'3") so he can keep an eye on me.

Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death...I hope the boogey man has a flash light, because my nickname in the bike club is the Stealth...you don't hear me coming and the only chance you get to see me is when I fly past you!

hey now...
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
Hi Justin,
Just wanted to check in and see how you were.

My students and I are still saying a prayer for you every morning Smile
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks!

Well, I went for a ride this morning and when I got back I see they gave me a call. I didn't listen to the message yet but I plan to in the next few moments.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Whoops, Wasn't a message from them, after all...

Oh well, I guess no news is good news?
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
I've been on pins and needles since your last test, and I suspect that I'm not alone.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Don't sweat it Donal, I'm not. I had the test Tuesday and they have not called me yet, so I am going to assume (you know what happens when you do that!) that No news is Good news!

Maybe I'll call them if they don't call me by Wednesday?!

Either way, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Just found out I have swollen Lymph Nodes. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL