The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Brother Shadow's Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Crowslide
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Crowslide
Does anyone have any of Brother Shadow's books? I'm interested in info on any/all of them. How do they compare to Christian Chelman's or Gene's books? Are they mostly spooky stuff? Different from the Invocation? I am a teacher looking for effects and ideas that won't get me burned at the stake. Any help would be great.

Crowslide
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I have one of Brother Shadows books- Being a treatise on the theory and presentation of magick. I recommend this book to anyone! Everything I have ever seen from Brother Shadow has been excellent. All of his material is not dark, some is more light hearted & charming.

I would say anything by him is a good choice.

Smile
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I love Brother Shadow's work, but be advised that many of his stand-alone pieces are included in his larger books. Not a criticism, but be sure to check the tables of contents on everything so you don't pay for something twice.
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
You may want to contact Bro. Shadow at Broshad@aol.com. He may have a listing or a catalog of his materials available. I can strongly recommend any and all of his effects and books.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
I would recommend "Pick a Sin... Any Sin" as the presentation is truly great. The ladies remember the effect for a while even though it's nothing more than a pocket trick.

In general, all Brother Shadow's publications are worth reading.
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
All of Shadow's books are great, but I believe that his book on storytelling magic to be his very best.

To see Shadow work is something else. I had heard for years he did a "trick" with a string and thought he wouldn't do something so simple... well, he does. But it isn't a trick. To the spectators it is an emotionally charged *miracle*. And he gets a good five minutes out of the thing.

Yes. Get his books. And his handcrafted props. They will be collector items some day.

Cheers.

Blair
Stuart Cumberland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Brother Shadow's Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL