The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Thumb fan with thumb on top (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mussavcom
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mussavcom
Hello all,

I looked at the Thumb Fan found in Hugard's Expert Card Technique yesterday and tried to learn it. Unfortunately I learned it wrong. My left grip is fine, according to all the YouTube videos I can find, but I thought I was supposed to put the right thumb on top of the deck, like rest it on the outer left corner of the top card, and then apply diminishing pressure as I swept out the fan. So instead of placing my thumb at the side and sweeping out a bevel, I place my thumb on top and control the cards that way.

Now it seems like that's not the way the Thumb Fan goes, or at least I don't see anyone else doing it that way. But for me, granted with very little practice, my method actually makes a better-looking, more even fan. Any thoughts on this method?

Also, ECT says that I can get a bigger fan with my left thumb at the inner left corner, and a smaller fan with my left thumb at the inner right corner. But the sizes look the same to me, or at least very similar.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
If you've found a method that works better for you then definitely stick with it. this is true in all alterations to magic sleights, procedures, flourishes etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Thumb fan with thumb on top (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL