The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Bent Co!n Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
matthew leatherbarrow
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of matthew leatherbarrow
Hey all,

I've just finished recording three new effects including a great bent coin effect.

Take a peek at http://www.in-magic.co.uk
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
I hate to say this, but that is something that someone who had just learned the basic move might have come up with after 5 minutes of thought.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
No special props?
Even in pre show?
matthew leatherbarrow
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

There is a gimmick, but it's something that will sit with they rest of your money and go unnoticed.

For about three years I carried it in my wallet. Just forgot it was there until I felt like performing it.

Matt
Jsmith45
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Jsmith45
Quote:
On 2008-08-17 21:13, matthew leatherbarrow wrote:
There is a gimmick, but it's something that will sit with they rest of your money and go unnoticed.

For about three years I carried it in my wallet. Just forgot it was there until I felt like performing it.

Matt

Thanks for clearing that up.
When I heard "no special props" I ws like WHAT?????
That definitely would have been something new to me.
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
No offense.

But.. The thinking behind this.. >.>
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Um I don't see what is so special about this. Its nothing origional or new. I mean it is not going to fool any magicians. Stuff like this have already been published before plenty of times using the same method.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
What dropped on the ground?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
Ugh.
jamie9
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jamie9
Oh hey man you also need to work on your Classic Palm because the one in the video was terrible.
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
No offense but I don't see anything new??

Tom.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Oh dear.........
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
No offense, but is this something you perform on regular base in the real world?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
If it works for him, that's all that matters.
No one has to buy it.

Mike
matthew leatherbarrow
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

You know, it's somthing I always carried with me (until I lost/gave away the gimmick) and it goes down well with spectators. If you can work it out, which clearly a lot of you can, then try it. It's actually a lot of fun.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
I find it so very sad that the barrier to enter the market is now so low. I honestly can't see "it works for me, it's fun, give me money" as a very compelling reason to buy (or even better, sell) something. Especially when the creator shows no awareness of the field they now pretend to enter.
matthew leatherbarrow
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

I find it sad that you can spend well over a decade studying, performing, kissing, hugging and poking magic. You can contribute articles to national (or is Magic Seen now international?) magazines and share a wealth of ideas for free, openly and joyously.

Then be accused of being and 'unaware pretender'.

If you don't like the trick, fine; but there's no need to be so personal. Is there?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Smile
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
Its just fine to show everybody what you have come up with, but it comes to me over as a little arrogant to think this is worth of selling, when I , and I think most magicians , in your stadium will practice way more to even think this piece is performance ready, let alone to sell it. And I mean not method wise, but technical wise (not so good classic palm, long get ready time for the palm and no ritme)
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
I will say this, yes it is easy to work out the method. But, what is sad is, if this was offered by a well known name and cleaned up a bit, there would be the usual group that slobbers all over themselves testifying as to how clever it is. So, with that said, I give Mathew cudos for having the gumption to offer something that he feels is worth offering, None of you are forced to buy it. This is supposed to be a Forum of a Brotherhood of magicians..."Brotherhood". I do not know Mathew nor have I bought his product, but I respect his right to offer it by showing an Honest video of it, unlike many that we see these days. Chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Bent Co!n Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL