The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Northern Virginia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
After hearing so much about the Café, I've finally gotten around to joining.

FYI here's a little background. I am a full time performer (both magic and mentalism and -- years ago, vent). Gave first paid performance (vent) at age 11 (1949), continued to perform part-time (vent and magic) through high school and college (attended Penn State on NROTC Scholarship). Upon graduation/commissioning, spent 20 years in USN, 13 of them at sea in destroyers including 2 commands, retired as CDR in 1979. Resumed part-time performing (magic only) while on shore duty in DC (1973), performing became a 2nd full-time job in 1976 and sole job in 1979 when I opened my own independent entertainment agency offering services of other variety and musical performers. Long time interest in mentalism and added it to my repertoire in late 1980s. My performances include stage/platform/cabaret, close-up and, since 1990, mentalism. (I never mix magic and mentalism in same program, i.e., I offer programs of either magic or mentalism but never combine the two.) Former member of S.A.M. and P.E.A., currently only I.B.M. (Order of Merlin)and M.A.E.S. Have effects published in Apocalypse, article (History of Book Tests)published in The Linking Ring (April 2008), also reviewer for TLR.

I have a special interest in forcing books and book tests and extensive collection of same and am in the process (over 5 year effort to date) of compiling the first ever encyclopedic reference work on the history and evolution of the genre with goal of publication in late 2010 - early 2011.

Although vehemently opposed to gratuitous exposure I am looking forward to sharing information with other serious performers and students of the art with a legitimate "need to know."

Dick Christian
Dick Christian
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Welcome to the Café. This is a great place where magicians really can help other magicians. I hope you will enjoy it here and get a lot out of it. It has helped me a great deal and I have met some really great people in the process. If I can be of any help to you at all, please just simply let me know. Enjoy and welcome.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Hi Dick:

Welcome to the Café. We had Chuck Hickok at our club meeting a couple of months ago, this was my first foray into mentalism.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Northern Virginia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL