The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Guitar fx pedals (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Owen Anderson
View Profile
Loyal user
A sturdy fence needs at least
229 Posts

Profile of Owen Anderson
I was wondering about those foot pedals you see guitar players tapping to change their sound.
Would that work on vocals?
If you plugged one into your microphone, would you get a vocal effect you could use?
Owen Anderson
styck13
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of styck13
I don't know all the details of which ones work and which ones don't...but in some cases, yes they do. There's a comedian that does a really funny routine with a pedal that loops.

I used to use a Pitch Bender in haunted houses. Some fun Stuff.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
There are pedals specifically designed for voice effects...check out Musiciansfriend.com

-Bryan
MAGICofSeth
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of MAGICofSeth
Yes, not only will some of them change your voice, but you can also get a little microphone-like attachment that goes in your mouth, and it will let your vocal tones sound like a guitar or piano. It's very cool!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13406 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I bought one of those for my daughter, and there are some pretty darn nifty effects.
I think it was $150. It's a DigiTech voice modeler.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
Most guitar effects pedals will work on vocals, but they are designed for guitar. Most have 1/4" phone jacks, and the better mics use XLR connections. If your PA system has an effects loop, the pedals can be used that way. Guitar pedals are set up for guitar frequencies and signal strength, so some pedals will not perform very well with vocals. Some can be noisy, and I would recommend you get an effects processor that is specifically designed for mics/vocals. A vocal effects processor would offer better performance with microphones, but you can make most guitar pedals work to some degree.
Mister Mystery
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Guitar fx pedals (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL