The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Regarding the ad for Fabric Manipulation... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielMooncalf
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
113 Posts

Profile of DanielMooncalf
While I was out busking, last weekend, I remember thinking about the Malini egg bag I purchased from this company about 4(?) years ago now. This little bag is EASILY the best purchase you could make, if you have an egg bag routine. It has been very durable, (much more so than a Mardo bag @ approximately the same cost).

If you want an egg bag that will last you a lifetime, I'd take a look at what the have to offer. I couldn't endorse a product more.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5362 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I totally agree! Loretta’s egg bag is arguably one of the best Malini style egg bags being made today. I have one (bought it second hand right here on the Café). It is well made with a couple of little details that are not seen in many Malini egg-bags. In fact one detail is right from the description on making the bag in Tarbell that most (but not all) people making the bag overlook. New it costs $87.95 plus postage (call it $90.00).

If you do the Ken Brooke version of the Malini egg-bag it will make your life easy. The Malini egg-bag seems to be the bag of choice for many magicians in the later part of the last century and today. Denny Haney, Danny Tong, Tom Mullica, Johnny Thompson, Gazzo, Harry Riser, and Bob White are amongst some of the best who have breathed true life into this old prop. You cannot go wrong getting one of the best tools to develop your routine.

You can see the Fabric Manipulation bag here:
http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/magict......2-0.html

However, it should be noted that it is different in methodology, construction, and location of the secret necessary than the Mardo egg-bag. There is no real comparing the two. It is like comparing ice cream and French fries! They are two different tools with two different handlings that dictate different (albeit similar) routines.

Of course a new Mardo egg- bag will cost you about half of a Fabric Manipulation version of the Malini egg-bag.

A well made Mardo egg bag can be had from Martin Lewis (his mother makes them) for $40.00 plus postage at:
http://www.magikraft.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=2&cart=54981

Notables like Martin Lewis, Marlo (yes THE Marlo), and Ross Bertram have published routines using the Mardo bag. You can even find the Senor Mardo routine if you look hard.

If you want to compare a Malini egg-bag to a Malini egg-bag you could look at the Pauline Tong (Danny’s wife) version.

Pauline makes a very fine and very useable Malini style egg-bag. It handles well and is also perfect for the Ken Brooke egg-bag routine. It is a workers bag, well made, and with good proportions. The two “extra” elements one finds in the Fabric Manipulation version are not found in Pauline’s version. But then it costs only $35.00 plus postage and handling.

I bought one of Pauline’s egg-bags from one of Dan’s lectures over 25 years ago and it still looks good after hundreds of performances!

Both bags are good working Malini style egg-bags. Either will suit your needs in developing and performing an egg-bag routine. If you need or want the “extras” built in that make your life a bit easier using the bag by all means get the Fabric Manipulation version. You won’t go wrong!

If you are new to egg-bags and want to do a Malini style routine but don’t know if you will include it in your act then Pauline’s will more than suit your needs. You’ll use it for decades.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Regarding the ad for Fabric Manipulation... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL