We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Rapid Inductions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Thanks Bobser. I agree with you mind punnisher with your comment about comon sense and skill .Years ago it was more to me to be a flash git than the pressentation and Quality .But Gladly I changed and learn't the hard way. Cheers Mark
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-05-13 09:03, Mark Davies wrote:
Thanks Bobser. I agree with you mind punnisher with your comment about comon sense and skill .Years ago it was more to me to be a flash git than the pressentation and Quality .But Gladly I changed and learn't the hard way. Cheers Mark

I thought "rapid inductions" were about being flash? And by telling us the speed at which you get people into trance isn't that being flash on here?

Isn't that what being the "fastest hypnotist in the world" is all about?

I was talking about commonsense and skill refering to not needing to pull their arm out of their sockets. It really isn't necessary. It doesn't even look good.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2009-05-13 07:26, Candin wrote:
Some of the bigger stronger guys I would think need a stronger yank. I wonder about the shock sometimes with seniors. But then again, a gunshot has not caused a coronary I suspect a shock induction would not either. I work at a western movie set, lots of guus going off.

I still use the word inductions cause Trance-Master uses it as well as others who are going for the fastest in the world.

Well no because the induction is not just yanking an arm and shouting sleep.
billm55
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
144 Posts

Profile of billm55
I really like Geoff Ronnings EKG induction. It's fast and very theatrical. It doesn't bore the audience like some of the longer inductions tend to do. It's a combination of several methodologies. You can find info on it by visiting http://www.stagehypnosiscenter.com
Bill Mogolov
The Mental Magic of M
billm55
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
144 Posts

Profile of billm55
I really like Geoff Ronnings EKG induction. It's fast and very theatrical. It doesn't bore the audience like some of the longer inductions tend to do. It's a combination of several methodologies. You can find info on it by visiting http://www.stagehypnosiscenter.com
Bill Mogolov
The Mental Magic of M
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
To be honest I thought its all about enteraining the audience whilst making the volunteers feel good, We all Have different ways and techniques and skill levels, as long as we do it safely with respect to all.
Its showmanship, WE ARE ENTERTAINERS lets not forget that. bickering over who done what or how.Does it realy matter.?
Think of all the crap that's going on in the world at the moment.We are a tiny speck in this universe, live your life to the full and enyoy it. Or is it all about our ego's.
regards MARK
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Well said Mark.

Bill I have Geoff's EKG which appears just a coglomerate of his imput plusElman. It is smooth and allows for tweaking. Is there any secrets really here? I mean get them down is what its all about isn't it? WHo was that famous hypnotist who used a hammer? Or was that when I was stationed in Germany at the beerfest? I remember being hit in the head several times but I think it was plastic hammers that caused the hallucinations (stage 5 or 6).

Oh, btw, I know Sean is fast and unsure of his measured "speed" but John Cerbones' is 0.3 seconds in a hotel lobby from scratch. No pretalk, only a walk to the lobby with a female skeptic.

I think this is pretty darn impressive but of course I am a minority here, so be it.

Candin

Disclaimer: I consider both of them my friend. That being said, no free tickets for Candin, I would still need to hand over some big bills to attend one of their speed induction courses.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-05-13 15:59, Candin wrote:
John Cerbones' is 0.3 seconds in a hotel lobby from scratch. No pretalk, only a walk to the lobby with a female skeptic.

I'll happily accept thatit happened but have to say it's simply an exception to the rule. The evidence I would lay before you is that if I was remotely wrong he'd be doing it all the time.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Impresive 0.3 secs , well done to him. Just thought of some thing.Is it that the non believers in the cold induction with no pre talk etc, don't accept it because they expect it not to happen and also a smack in the mouth to follow.
So lets assume it realy is true. then wow .The earth is no longer flat but round.
get my point !.
Don't forget its our belief in what we do and how we present it is half the battle. As you know if the subject has any doubt in your abilities it will work against you.I am going to try it out, but first I'm booking an apointment at the dentist lol.Ill let you know if it worked or the cost of the dentist bill.
Cheers Mark
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
>>>>Oh, btw, I know Sean is fast and unsure of his measured "speed" but John Cerbones' is 0.3 seconds in a hotel lobby from scratch. No pretalk, only a walk to the lobby with a female skeptic.<<<

I thought this was a forum for hypnotists? This just makes me laugh.

You guys will eat anything you are served up. And you will swallow it in 0.1 seconds!

The speed gimmik was originally created for marketing puropses. Its all load of crap. Hype to sell tickets. But you guys are taking it seriously.
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Thanks mind punisher ,saves me a trip to the dentist,lol
cheers Mark
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I guess in this case its being used to sell dvds by Cerbone and Nongard.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I like to make people laugh MP. Granted Cerbone is a great salesman, comes with his turf. Seriously, I know he can do this though. He is super fast at putting people under. He has the personality for it.

Invented for sales? What about those showmen at the traveling carnival? How many Dvds did they sell before the TV was invented?

Speed inductions are entertainment but can be used in the chair also. You know the ones where a medic are not needed.

I have personally spoken to Sean and he being the fine teacher and mentor is super fast also. People dig this up and they love the entertainment value. Sean gets millions of hits and deservedly is well compensated.

Just give it a try is all I ask. But of course you have to believe in it in order for it to work. I will save the telephone induction for another thread. You know the one that had to be yanked off of you tube for liability reasons. Millions of hits, all that is left now is a phone off the hook with a young girl laying on the ground. Dangerous? You betcha. Hypno-Sculpture and the list goes on and on. What level are they in? The artists assure they are deep.

Richard of course also but the thing with these guys is they are still giving back. Every single one of them answers PMs and Emails. Knowledge is power.
I use speed inductions but also use slow inductions. I am in the amazed state and hope I don't loose this as I progress at brining people shock and awe. I have been using fixation for years and really had no clue it was working until they would pick the bag that didn't have the spike etc therefore avoiding serious injury. Of course I had an out like I do now for calling what it is, hypnosis.

With love and respect,

Hypnotic Entertainer
Candin
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Inductions take place to induce or bring up or out hypnosis, deepening is always post induction, otherwise, what would there be to deepen? Rapid/speed inductions are what they are, inductions. Agree to disagree on this one.

Repectively submitted,

Candin
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Believe what you want to Candini.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
I know what you're saying MP, and although I would normally agree with you I re-read candin's post. He might be on the money. I don't think he's disagreeing that Cerbonne's instant induction is NOT a proper induction. He might even agree that it is in a fact as you say a pre-induction (not putting words in his mouth hopefully) But even if it is a pre-induction, if I understand him correctly he's saying it is still a 'form' of induction.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Its part of an induction like a tyre is part of a car.

I just don't understand the fascination with yanking people's arms out of their sockets?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
MP I agree with the yanking (not good). No need to do that, its just a 45 degree angle tug, the kind of tug like you get from an electical shock. A hand drop has the same effect but they should be sitting down in my opinion (possible knee buckle). With the hand pull and feet together they come to land softly on your shoulder or remain standing and sleep.

PS: Candini was my old name like Shrink:) I am still trying to shake the kids show business.

Respectively submitted,

Candin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Rapid Inductions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL