The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Does anyone think the recent rash of 'found' mythological critters is real? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I.e. Bigfoot, chupacabra, etc. Opinions?
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
It's all true.
Most of them hide in the crop circles and are later pick up by inter-dimensional aliens.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Wow, I never knew. Maybe Tom Cruise was right all along:)
Well, I don't know enough about 'freezer bigfoot' to decide, but I am skeptical.
They are saying the chupacabra they caught could be a mutated grey fox I guess.
~Will Rogers
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
Not this time.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I smell something fishy...with a guy named critter asking about critters. Is he himself a mythlogical critter?

On another point, do you think these critters would go well over top of Rice?

(all in good fun c)
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
There are some who do, in fact, consider me to be entirely crytozoological in nature:)
~Will Rogers
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
There are many amazing creatures still being discovered all the time. I'm not aware of any of the mythological kind having been discovered in recent memory, but I don't think it's really necessary being how many interesting new species are being discovered regularly. for instance, the yeti crab was a really cool looking animal discovered a year or so ago. I believe that several interesting new species were recently discovered in the antarctica waters. finally, marc van roosmalen has been discovering many new animals in the brazilian jungles over recent years. check out his page here to se some of them: http://www.marcvanroosmalen.org/newspecies.htm
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
There are people out there that when you tell them that a shark,croccodile and or lizard is a dinosaur they think you are in la la land, and how many actually know that a chicken is a dinosaur. As small as (this island earth) is, not quoting the sci.fi. film,there are still new frontiers to be discovered.
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
Seems like every time a mythological creature is found and subjected to modern scientific study, the creature becomes an already known animal of some kind. Oh well. I want to believe that Bigfoot exists. I'm rooting for him all the way, but does he really exist, I'm thinking probably not. But who knows, maybe there is an entire subterainian level of life yet to be discovered.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I am skeptical. But I did see some fairly convincing stuff on Bigfoot on Discovery Channel a while back.
~Will Rogers
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-08-18 19:46, critter wrote:
Wow, I never knew. Maybe Tom Cruise was right all along:)

He should know! Tom Cruise IS a mythological creature!!
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
tedrogers
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of tedrogers
Quote:
On 2008-08-21 18:45, cpbartak wrote:
...finally, marc van roosmalen has been discovering many new animals in the brazilian jungles over recent years. check out his page here to se some of them: http://www.marcvanroosmalen.org/newspecies.htm

Great find. Thanks for sharing!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Once, I thought I caught El Chupacabra. Turned out to be a possum. Dang, them suckers are ugly.
~Will Rogers
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I had a possum take up residence in my garage! You're right! They are ugly!
Magic is a vanishing art.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I think that they are about one of my least favorite animals. We kept it under a milk crate for about two hours just to marvel at its ugliness.
We were trying to trap squirrels for stew.
~Will Rogers
Nosretep
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Nosretep
While I live in a city, my backyard gets skunks, groundhogs, possum, and raccoons. My nieghbor traps em and takes them away or otherwise disposes of them as they create havoc in yard and garden. My wife just got a new skunk puppet and we will carefully walk around one in a trap with the puppet to see the reaction....yes, VERY carefully ha. I wonder how the skunk puppet would be as a surprise production item? It IS cuter than that possum!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Although the possum incident happened in the woods, there is much more wildlife in cities than most people realize. I tracked a dear in a field next to a Wal-Mart once.
I've also watched deer, wild turkey, and coyotes cross residential streets.
~Will Rogers
Eric Woods
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
115 Posts

Profile of Eric Woods
I got a possum story. Pre-marriage and the pitbull ban in my city, my wife had a pitbull that always had to be walked on a leash, so when it did break free it was not to willing to surrender it's freedom. After searching for a while I heard the dog barking in the woods. I crawled through an area of bushes and the dog was in about a 3' round opening barking at a possum up in a branch about a foot above my head. The branch went from one end of the opening to the other and the possum took up the entire area.So yes about 3' long it was the biggest, ugliest animal I'd ever seen. It had evil red eyes, and honestly scared the *@#% out of me. I was thinking to myself while keeping one eye on the possum, If that thing jumps on me I'm killing the dog...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
We don't have a pitbull ban here, just higher property tax if you own one.
"Punish the deed, not the breed."
~Will Rogers
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I've seen some strange critters at a recent NFL training camp.

Regards, Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Friend of a Friend » » Does anyone think the recent rash of 'found' mythological critters is real? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL