The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo B'Wave (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Wondering if anyone is performing with a Jumbo B'Wave in a close-up situation. If so, what has the response been?
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I just use poker sized cards for close-up. I can't imagine that the response would differ that much just because the cards are a different size.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Not so much the response. I work a lot of tables that seat 12 or 14 people. Most of the time I'm placed at one end of the table or the other. It's more for the people at the other end of the table.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1707 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Jumbo B'Wave can be used in close up situation if you put the cards on the floor as a pile & then fan them out as a diamond or heart etc. as the final prediction, same as smaller version -works well with 3 or 4 people looking down at this if your in a lounge etc. it plays strong.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I given Jumbo B'Wave a try while working tables. Have to say it went over great. It's become part of my set.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I might add that I had "Cards by Martin" make me up a special set and they came out as expected, perfect. As alaways, Neil is the man.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For over 30 years I have used the Jumbo Brainwave. It works well in scattered groups like trade shows as well as on stage.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hocuspocusjay23
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of hocuspocusjay23
I have used Jumbo Brainwave close up and stage, I don't think it matters. It always gets a good reaction.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5737 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I would only use jumbos if necessary. The quality of the poker cards are certainly good, so it's not like Sidewalk Shuffle where the small version has crappy silk screening.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2009-03-26 12:44, Alan Munro wrote:
I would only use jumbos if necessary.

Yes, I would definitely use the Jumbo cards if the venue warrants it. But I agree... why not just use poker size for more intimate close-up settings? As long as everyone can see the cards fine, I think the impact of the effect is the same.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I have another take on this.......

I just performed B'Wave with jumbo cards in an intimate setting for three people in their kitchen this weekend......and the look on their faces and theur comments afterwards told me something:

1. Don't let conventional thinking affect the impact of a trick you do...if you need to change methods, props, etc. in order to achieve maximum impact....try it and see what happens.

2. I think in some close-up settings using a Jumbo B'Wave is actually much stronger....think about this......jumbo cards just make the effect BIGGER.

3. I added a new twist to B'Wave in order to give the trick a four-way WHAMMY......at the beggining, I count the cards and show all the backs by using an Elmsley count. Yes, you can do this with either regular or jumbo cards. By employing an Elmsley count....you get the four-way WHAMMY....

First whammy..."Look.....one of the cards turned face UP"!

Second whammy..."Interesting, don't you think? It's the exact card that you imagined it would be!"

Third WHAMMY...." And, amazingly....its the only card with a different colored back from the others!"

Fourth WHAMMY...."Now...I know that you will never believe that this is possible......but it's the only card with a face....the rest are all blank!"

Why just do a trick when you can knock 'em on their ass?

B'Wave is a PHENOMENAL trick for civilans.......I just discovered a way to get maximum "KOCK "EM ON THEIR ASS-NESS" out of this trick by challenging my own thinking, changing my approach and presentation, and giving it a try......

I think this is a valuable lesson for those of us who really love magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo B'Wave (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL