The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Miracle Pad -- close up pad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Have any of you used the Miracle pad close up pad? I think it was made by Magical encounters and had a booklet of suggested use by Mike Giles

Any comments? Positive? or Pros and Cons?
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
I had this pad in storage and found it! Thought that I had lost it and only recalled so little about the pad. Thought I would have to purchase another and was in hopes that a Café member would have responded. I tried to location another source and guess they are no longer produced.

Here is the setup...

Black velvet covered, cushioned pad (as they describe "for easy coin and card manipulation) with solid brass corners. Very well constructed. Under the pad are slots for production of 4 halfs, and a center slot for large card or large coin.

The Miracle Pad came with nine pages of instructions and I see now that the pad maker is Magical Encounters. Instructions were fully illustrated and written by Mike Giles. The instructions cover several applications for the hidden slots...complete with moves. "Giles Clip 'n Flip"; Giles "Convincer Move"; The Impossible Coin Production; Ideas with Coins; Ideas with Cards; A Great Mental Effect.

I Googled "Magical Enounters" and no magic supplier or builder was listed. I think I got this from Hank Lee, but not available on their website. So my guess is that if you have one of these pads, you are using it.

I was in hopes of listing a supplier here but can't locate one.... If you have a supplier, perhaps you could post them for us.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I don't know but tis pad and thanks for mentionning it. Ross Bertram has an interesting take on using a special pad but it has to be folded in a specific way and it may leave signs that it was crised: not very nice looking. Therefore, using the concept, but not the method, I built one with a normal pad. It has a small flap of magnetic rubber on the performmer's side (os that anything attracted is outjogged for easy catching). The mat is rolled with the flap folded on the performing surface. On the back of the mat is written "Don't worry I'm teh greatest magician in the world" when the mat is unrolled I let " tongue in cheek" the writing being seen as a misdirection for positionning the the unrolling of the flap beneath the edge of the table. The pun is a very good misdirection and you have a mat with a servante...
I realize tht this is not your question but it's the same topic... and therefore my contribution
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » The Miracle Pad -- close up pad (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL