The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Goldfish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5828 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Anyone out there have any experience keeping gold fish out of water while they are waiting production?
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
When I was little, I used to watch flipper a lot, good for me, bad for my goldfish. Smile

I wanted my goldfish to perform tricks, (like flipper,) well... they just wouldn't... Smile
So, I would put them in the bathtub with a big ring to try and make them swim through the hoop.... Smile
well, they just wouldn't, Smile sooooooo I'd hold them out of the water as punishment. Smile

:eek: That's what the goldfish did.
But, they never did do tricks.... Smile
So much for flipper. Smile

I lost more goldfish that way.
:( Smile Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Tom, I think I read somewhere about putting fish in wet blotting paper or some such but I would put in anyone I found doing that!
There is information in Billy McComb's books about keeping fish alive until produced.
Fish need water to breathe. People who don't think they do .... Smile
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I know the theory, I am sure you do too, but I have never tried it. That is the usual things: fish in a small tube in the pocket or sleeve, fish on wet cotton in a small container. All the magic books say it works, but I do not think it would appeal to me. I see my outside goldfish freak when I net them to clean the pool. I have used goldfish for two effects: a fish bowl production...where they are always in the bowl but no one see it, also in a nice version of ink to fish with a wine glass. Again the fish are in no discomfort.

quack
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Mya,

That's a side of you I don't think any of us knew before Smile

It appears that in that age old struggle between Smile and Smile you ultimately made the right choice.

Scott Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
I have been performing the goldfish from thin air routine for awhile now in my close up show. Has anyone seen the routine that Copperfield did on his last TV special? It looks like this. You show both hands empty front and back. You then reach out with your empty hand and pour three live goldfish from your fist. It looks amazing! It is very simple to do and does not hurt the goldfish in any way. The goldfish are in water the whole time until you produce them into a glass. Doug Henning performed it also on one of his TV specials. I learned it from the creator Dick Barry at a lecture of his. This one works perfect! Sells for about $20 dollars. Try this one and you will be happy, I was.
AceOfCards
View Profile
New user
Richmond, Ca
10 Posts

Profile of AceOfCards
Where can you purchase it?
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
You can find it on Dick Barry's website. Go to a search engine and look it up. The cool thing about the effect is that it look's like real magic! I get show's booked on this one effect alone! It even fool's magicians! The good thing is that the goldfish are loaded in water until the last moment you produce them. I use it as a opening effect with music in the backround as I tell a story of how the earth was formed and then there was life. I pour them out of my fist on that last line. It look's amazing! It comes with a very nice instuction booklet and the secret gimmick. Let me know what you think if you buy it.
joebob
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of joebob
Anyone know where the first part of DC's routine (the tide, appearing and dissapearing water) is avaliable. yes, the Dick Barry goldfish routine is amazing
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
I found out that the dissapearing water trick that copperfield perform's is a creation from the mind of Tim Wenk's. He does not sell it to the magic community. David bought the effect for his self to use in his tour. It is such a nice routine. If you think hard you could make your own with the help from a sponge, some fishing line and the gimmick used for the Chen lee water suspension. ????
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Goldfish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL