The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Owen 100 Anniversary Copper Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Quote:
On 2008-08-26 18:23, deadcatbounce wrote:
Hi,...

Can anyone explain to me why 3 cups, no matter what the material is, should command $300 and upwards?

Cheers!

DCB

DCB,

The RNT II copper tall traditionals, which I just purchased at $375, are beautiful, finely crafted, delightful to use and perfectly weighted. All those reasons more than justify that sort of price.

Geoffrey
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
840 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I've just come across this thread again. My - how things change. I was aksing the question about how come these cups cost so much... and since then, I've bought the Galli Gallis, the Owen Memorials, Burtini set, GA street cups, the heavy copper strolling chop cup from RNT2, Church Bronze Squatties, Brass Sisti cups...

Thing is - I don't even have one complete routine. But I will. I've been working on my kidshow stuff for this season.
The cups are there, set up, and I work with them every day.. just the moves, no routine.
I fear I've become a cupaholic. But hey! there's a recession on - I used to do the same thing with cars - compared to cars - cups are a lot cheaper, and much lower maintenance!

So, I have to thank all of you responsible for my current situation - RevJohn, who started it all, Bill Palmer, Lawrence, Mad Jake, Pete Biro and his Galli Gallis (the ones that started it all) .. how the wheel turns. This time last year, I'd never considered performing kid shows. Now, it's my main source of income. This time last year, I pooh poohed the idea of actually PERFORMING the cups and balls...
Last year I had the mentality of a close up worker, which I've been for nearly 20 years. Now - I'm up for just about anything.

Life really IS a great surprise at times!

Regards,

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 19:05, deadcatbounce wrote:
I fear I've become a cupaholic.

welcome to the club...
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
DCB -- Don't feel strange about this. I will be taking photos of all the new cups I picked up at the WMS, tomorrow. As you look at the photos of all the cups on the web site, please bear in mind that I don't have a three cup routine at all.

I'm working on one, but when I perform it, I want it to be something as unusual as Kent Gunn's, so nobody will say, "That's just another version of the Vernon routine."

As I was driving home from Las Vegas, I got an inspiration. Now, I'll see if I can make it work.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1302 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Bill you need a new section for when you add new cups to the site....man there are a lot of cups on your site.
Mobius
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Quote:
On 2009-03-08 13:53, Mobius303 wrote:
Bill you need a new section for when you add new cups to the site....man there are a lot of cups on your site.
Mobius

just go for the "search cups and balls database" and then go to "data search" it is very easy and works like a charm.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Owen 100 Anniversary Copper Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL