The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Most impacting paper money effect ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Other than the $100 bill switch... What is the most impacting folding money effect that you can or do perform ?
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2316 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I really like mismade bill.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
I am partial to the self-folding bill and the bill float. The 5-1 transpo is also a killer.
Yakworld.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
In my opinion, I have found Mark Jenest's "Billoon" routine to be a killer. This is the effect:

A balloon is inflated and tied. A borrowed bill is signed and THEN handed to the magician (who pockets it, as a gag).

The spectator picks up the balloon and shakes it (hearing something bouncing around inside of it).

The spectator is given, by the magician, a pin with which they pop the balloon. Their signed bill falls out of it onto the floor.
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
That IS a killer effect. I do it as a card to balloon.
Yakworld.
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Where can this "Billoon" effect be found ? Is it on a video or book ?
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
Mark Jenest Miracles While You Wait. There are a lot of good effects on this one.
He who laughs, lasts.
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
You guys took the words out of my mouth!

Roger Klause's 'Slo Motion Bill Transposition' is a small miracle.

'Pen thru Bill' is another miracle.

'Haunted Self-folding bill' is a creeepy miracle.
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Bill to impossible location is also a very fun thing to do. especially if they have signed the bill.
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2316 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I like signed bill through the body. Its a pretty cool little effect. In my opinion. Smile
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
How about Misled?

Smile
Yakworld.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4368 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Doesn't that one have really nasty angle problems?

Personally, I like the effect where a spectator takes a dollar bill from their wallet or purse and seals it in an envelope.

The mentalist proceeds to 'read' the serial number and writes it on a pad.

When the envelope is cut open, it is found that the mentalist was absolutely correct! Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5346 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Let’s see, there are several bill effects that I perform. Three bill effects that I perform the most often are:

1. BeSwitched–this is a 1-5 bill transposition. Frankly, I perform both this version (sold by Al Cohen) and the Roger Klause version. Of the two, I tend to perform this version more often. More of the bill is visible (1/4 rather than 1/8 in the Klause version). You do have to cover the gimmick with the other bill crosswise to show both sides. I carry both and have done one as the follow-up for those who want to see it repeated. Two different methods.

2. Hornswoggled Again-The Ron Bauer version of the short changed routine (this is usually paired with my three shell game or Loopy loop and Monte routine for a sequence of protect yourself from cheats “lecture”.

3. The Suspended Dollar–Mike Bornstein’s, this is where a borrowed bill that sticks to another bill by one tip of the corner. The first bill is held by the fingertips and is parallel to the floor. The second bill is lying on top of the first and is moved slowly to the end until there is only a little tip of the bill touching the first bill. This is usually done as an impromptu stunt, and then I go into BeSwitched.

I also perform the Jenest Bill in Balloon bit, The Paul Chosse’s Bar Bill Stunt (Bauer), and the torn and restored, signed bill fairly often but not as often as the three already mentioned.

Finally, my all time favorite folding money trick, it simply is the signed bill to lemon. Messy as it is, it is central to my stand-up act.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I love the McBride torn and restored sequence from his two video set!

It is torn, restored, torn and torn again, and then restored - except for a tiny corner that "accidently" falls to the table.

And then when you visibly add that last little corner to the bill, the audience roars!!

It is climax upon climax.

Other than that, Dan Harlan's Financial Attraction (floating a Dollar bill with a clever technique) never fails to get a good response. But lighting can be an issue if you aren't careful.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I use one effect from Paul Cummins' video "Up In Smoke" called Top Billing.

It is a Matrix effect that uses bills for the coin cover instead of cards.

It is a really nice handling, and is pure money, so you don't need to carry cards around to do it.

It is actually the only Matrix routine I routinely use.

Dan
Click to visit:
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

As an impromptu effect, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of the following classic:

Two bills are laid at right angles to each other and back to back.

They are rolled up on the table and, when unrolled, are shown now to be face to face.

With the proper build up and theatre, it is a shocker (even for adults). I'm constantly amazed by how well this plays.

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
340 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
I agree with Geoff, I took it straight out of Mark Wilsons book.

It seemed a bit flimsy to me until I performed it a few times... and as you say it really gets a great reaction.

I like the fact it's gimmickless too!!

Regards Alan
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Alan,

Thanks for supplying the reference. I could not remember where I had seen this gem. It's probably in the Martin Gardner "Encyclopedia..." book and a host of introductory-type books.

Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Misled is a very strong effect but quite angly. I use an extra piece of paper the size of the bill as a cover. You can show the penetration from the front, show the back which is hidden under the paper and see the pencil penetrated through the paper.

Try it.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1001 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Misled is also one of my favorite bill effects, but has everyone forgotten the floating bill? This probably gets more gasps of disbelief for me than any other trick I do. Jeff, that sounds like a neat idea to make Misled a little more "angle-proof". I'll have to give it a try.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @PsychicCPA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Most impacting paper money effect ? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL