The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Most impacting paper money effect ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Yeah!! Billon is very nice!!!!!!
And easy to perform!
hmmmmmmmmmmm I like this effect! Why?
I is so bold!

I like to have a mismade bill, but in germany .....................!
The price: more than 30 €!!!
In doller?! 38,00 doller?
That is to much!!!!!
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Hi, Curtis.

In wich issue (year) of Genii was "Counterfeit" published ?

Thanks,
Eric
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
There's no such thing as a money (or any) effect that's most impacting because a particular effect's impact is dependent in large part on the particular magician who's performing that effect. That being said, I'll mention one effect that nobody else has mentioned and that has the potential to be very strong...Larry West's Passing the Buck.

Larry
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
The 11 Bill Trick can be very entertaining. Just ask Stephen Bargatze.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I agree with Doug, and you might also check out Fred Kaps' performance of that effect on the Seeing is Believing DVD, which I highly recommed. Fred Kaps originated the idea of using bills instead of cards for this effect (Edward Victor's Eleven Card Trick) and performed the effect superbly, which is true of everything I've seen him perform.
Stryker
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Stryker
I didn't see it mentioned here, but Daniel Garcia's "Greed" is fantastic.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Split fan bill production.
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Joshua Jay's Bill Change in the Spectators hand.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1160 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I enjoy doing Ron Bauer's Hornswaggled Again. Have carried this with me everyday for about 5 years now.

With that being said, the most impacting paper money routine I have witnessed was just recently at the Columbus Magi-Fest. Watching Tim Conover do his version of Fred Kaps Cash was beyond awesome. I don't know why I let it get to me so bad, but a kid walking out in front of me who claimed that he had never heard of Conover and he was just doing a version of Wilson's Hundy 500, I swear I had the urge to put him into the wall. Wilson has nothing on Tim Conover.

In this routine, Tim pulls out 6 $1 bills and lets the spectators see them and touch them front and back. They instantly change into $5 bills examined front and back and then $10 bills. He asks them to name any denomination and he is able to change them into $20, $50 and $100 bills. Each time, he flashes front and back and allows them to touch the bills.

Awesome.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
I agree, Mike. I watched Tim do that last year, and it looks wonderful. If you had any idea what is necessary to do it, though, you wouldn't believe it! Wilsons Hundy 500? The kid is, well, a kid! Obviously...

Best, PSC

P.S. RB taught me the Hornswoggled routine about 15 years ago, and I've used it ever since - it is the BEST version of that trick ever...
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Quote:
On 2006-02-21 04:34, Algebra2 wrote:
Joshua Jay's Bill Change in the Spectators hand.

You are right, Algebra. That is a very sweet effect. His switch is very deceptive and really easy to do. I almost forgot about that one. Thanks for bringing it up.

Snidini
Algebra2
View Profile
Regular user
CA
156 Posts

Profile of Algebra2
Where can Fred Kaps Cash routine be found? I have Hundy 500 and combine it with Changeabill. If this routine is stronger, I would like to see it...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27106 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The Fred Kaps routine is published in a small book available from retailers. I believe it's called "Kaps Currency".
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Alexander Leidy
View Profile
New user
Greenwich, Connecticut
33 Posts

Profile of Alexander Leidy
The only bill bit I do I found on a Jim Pace video. Basically, you fold a dollar bill around a piece of paper while it is in view the whole time, and then stab through the bill and paper with pretty much anything. A pen, a knife, whatever is handy. Then undo the folds and show that the paper has been damaged, but the bill hasn't. Very simple to do, but incredibly strong, especially with a borrowed pen or pocket knife.

-Alex Leidy
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
The “bill in potato” trick in the book “The Magic of Paul Potassy” is an extremely strong, entertaining and beautifully constructed stage/parlour magic routine. Don’t overlook this trick or this superb book by a master magician.

Best regards,
Levent
On 2006-02-12 13:43, Larry Davidson wrote:
“Fred Kaps originated the idea of using bills instead of cards for this effect (Edward Victor's “Eleven Card Trick”)

Dear Larry:

I could be totally wrong about this, but I was under the impression that the idea of using bills instead of cards (for Victor's trick), was originated by Gene Gordon (in his "Dizzy Dollar" routine). Perhaps somebody could enlighten me on the provenance of this wonderful effect.

Best regards,
Levent
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Finn Jon's "Paper To Bills" is a highlight. Each bill can be shown back and front, but not passed out. I wish the bills looked more realistic. It is still worth purchasing.

Dynamike
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I noticed a lot of you mention the mis-made bill in this discussion. I haven't really mentioned to muhc about this so I figured I'd point it out to you. I have an effect on my site that adds a little twist to the mismade bill. The effect is called "Change for a Dollar". You can watch a video of it on my site. http://www.magicjax.com/change4adollar.html

Other then this my favorite paper money effect would be bill in Sharpie.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
cloneman
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of cloneman
Hundy 500
"Anything is possible... if you don't know what you are talking about."
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
After seeing Tim Conover perform Kaps Cash I am a beliver now.

Justin MIller
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
"Cramped" by Richard Sanders. Signed bill to marker. This is a "fool yourself in the mirror" type effect. Direct and memorable!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Most impacting paper money effect ? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL