The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Unicycle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dustin_The_Magic_Kid
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Dustin_The_Magic_Kid
I know busking has many different forms, and I was just wondering.. does anyone here ride a unicycle, and could they give me some tips on them ?

Are they even worth buying?
It's like that? I guess it's like that! OH YEAH!!! YEAH!! - wait, what are we talking about?
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I always enjoy a unicyling and juggling act.

But unless you aleady do it, it has it's own set of limitations and challenges.

What is your thing? Are you a magician, or a unicylist? I can see tossing in a simple bit of juggling into a magic act, but I think you have an either/or issue with the uni-physco. You either do magic, or you get on a bike and ride around. It would take an exceptional performer to do enough on a unicycle to hold people around waiting for magic. I know there are exceptions out there, but that is my opinion.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Dustin_The_Magic_Kid
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

I don't want to incorporate a unicycle into my act or anything, i just thought it would be a super fun talent is all Smile
It's like that? I guess it's like that! OH YEAH!!! YEAH!! - wait, what are we talking about?
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
It is! As long as you stay upright, which isn't all that easy for some of us, at first.

So if you aren't thinking of putting it into your act, why is the question here? I don't mean to sound harsh, and I hope I don't. But if this forum is about busking, and you don't intend to put in your act, how does just riding a unicyle qualify as busking?

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Dustin,

http://www.performers.net is a website dedicated to busking. They do it all: juggling, uni, fire, magic, you name it!

If you go to that site and browse the forums you will learn a ton about developing any kind of busking act.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I bought a unicycle. I figured I had good balance as I was a semi-pro roller skater.

Wrong!

I couldn't get the hang of it, and kept at it until....

....until I saw a Monkey riding one. Then I threw mine in the trash! Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dustin_The_Magic_Kid
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

The reason i put it in the busking portion is because i wanted to know. I am not putting it into my "magic" show Smile I am thinking about maybe doing tow or three different routines to get busking started in my area.

Sorry if this is in the wrong slot Smile
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
No, it was a great place to ask it! It ain't magic but buskers know buskers, 'ya know? Check out P.net they will have all the info.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
BroDavid writes: "As long as you stay upright. . ."

Oh, sure; NOW you tell me!
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Unicycle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL