The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Need music titles and have an iPhone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
There is a free application called "Shazam" that runs on the iPhone with version 2 software. This sounds sort of "out there", but you can hold the phone up to a music source (radio, stereo, etc.) while a song is playing and, after about twenty seconds, the program will tell you the name of the song, along with the artist's name, genre, label, and the album title.

My daughter discovered this on my phone and showed me how to use it. It might be the coolest application I have ever seen. So far it has "hit" about 95-percent-plus of the songs I have tried. It's not as good with YouTube as it is with a better-quality audio source, but it identifies even those about 50 percent of the time.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Yup! I have "Shazam" on my iPhone, and it is indeed awesome!

I still can't believe it was a FREE download!!!

I would have gladly paid for this program!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
I just discovered this tonight. It even shows you the album cover and gives you a link to the song on iTunes should you want to download it. Amazing software.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I have wondered about how "hi-fi" the signal needs to be to be recognized, and last night I got the answer - "Not very..." I was demonstrating it to a friend at our local high school football game, and they were playing the typical pre-game "music" over the sound system. It was blatty, and there was a lot of crowd noise, but Shazam pegged every song!

This thing will even recognize the "off-the-beaten-path" stuff.

Somewhere, there has to be a lot of technology involved!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
It truly is Amazing!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Need music titles and have an iPhone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL