The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mind Projector by Will Tsai (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MarvinWang
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinWang
I found this at Hocus Pocus, and I am willing to buy it since Andrew Gerard is giving some good words. Does anyone have this? Can someone give a brief review about this if you have it?
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver Canada
958 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Hi Mr. Tsai showed me this a couple of years ago... before Tim Tronos Branded was released.

try all the tools to find the one that's best for you.

AG
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
Can somebody give some more Information about the effects possible?
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Gave comment on the other thread last time but couldn't find the link for you. However, here it is what I thought about this product. The effect is an impromptu invisible deck trick you can do with one single card or even without a deck if you wish. I bought mine from Japan last year and really like the spectator as mind reader plot that also came with this trick. I was impressed with the overall quality, superb. Not sure how much I can say without giving too much information. But it was well worth every penny. I think it is very pratical and I still perform it regularly.

Hope this helps.

Aaronish Magician
Dr.J.Jameson
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dr.J.Jameson
Any links to this effect guys?

Dr. J
I am currently studying:

-- Absolute Magic - Derren Brown
-- Naked Mentalism - Jon Thompson
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Markymark
It's on the Hocus-Pocus site.I'm gradually finding out little bits of information
about this. Now I believe there is a piece of jewellery involved.Careful! I don't
want to give anything away!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Dr.J.Jameson
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dr.J.Jameson
I find it quite difficult navigating the Hocus Pocus website, but will give it a try, thanks!

Dr. J
I am currently studying:

-- Absolute Magic - Derren Brown
-- Naked Mentalism - Jon Thompson
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
The effect on the Hocus Pocus site sounds very Strong! I have ordered mine, and I will give a review when I get it!
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
If you go to the Hocus Pocus site and enter the online store - it is like the third item down
wowNoThanks
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of wowNoThanks
Ok, so I've bought this and received today. I am really pleased with what I received, and in fact, it's almost perfect I'd say. I would say this is an utility device that you can play with small group or stand up or even on the stage!!! It's a nice looking accessory the same time small pocket size and extremely easy to use due to the design of the device. This is something I will definately have on me everyday, it is powerful, practical, pack small plays so big. Talking about the bonus menuscript I would say this is really a treat, because not only the effect is well constructed and polished, just the one card invisible deck routine worth the price on its own. Not only that, there's a bonus idea on the effect explained in the menuscript which is really powerful!! If I could, I want to tell you guys to not buy it, because I want save this to myself...and I wish I am the only one who has it!!
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1278 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I´m very interested and want to buy but I don´t like stooging. Is there any stooging or instand stooging involved?

Thank!

John
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3656 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Wownothanks made 2 posts and disappeared. That just abouts explains it. Wasn't impressed at all for the price. Its a blister effect no better just a lot more expensive than the others.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
This was the first item that I bought from this creator, recently bought the new ring effect and it was fantastic, but that's another story. My thoughts to this product is, it does involve some sort of instant stooge technique, but the true value of it, would be the person who involves in the effect will not be able to explain. Or I should say, the more the participant tries to explain the outcome (truely), the more other spectators will believe what just happened was the real deal. It's very clever idea and I've been using this as my everyday pocket trick since I bought it. I don't see the effect has anything to do with blister myself, as I found the true value of the effect to be within the scripted presentation and the bigger idea behind the 'trick'.

Just my personal thought.

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3656 Posts

Profile of takeachance
One mans trash is anothers treasure I guess. But if its not about a blister effect what is it? I believe the description was very deceptive but obviously that is only my opinion, glad others think it was worth while
Happy New Year all!!!
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1278 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Now that I know more about this I can say the description was very deceptive indeed...
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I've been doing this effect for some while now. Looking back to the description again, it sure does what it says. Many times I've seen magicians looking for a new method or perhaps, no method; disregarding the fact that what we are creating is the impression of the end result of a trick. If it can be done without methods, I'd say it's real magic... Let's hope one day we can all do real magic. That'll be interesting!

Just sharing.

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I won't have any problem using this: why ??

because thanks to the Athos script I bought from Cavalli I will use this one without any need to get an instant stooge:

even though I prefer using esp symbols numbers letters rather than a playing card. there is much more to do with that:almost anything you want without needing to be restricted to a playing card only
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3656 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I went and dug this out again and just finished re-reading the booklet. There are many superior ways to instant stooge than this, perhaps this is a good one for someone starting out with the concept of instant stooging. It isn't a bad concept for the use of the gimmick but could have easily been sold as a booklet only. There are so many versions of the gimmick on the market. Way over priced was the problem for me and a very deceptive add.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5409 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2009-01-03 19:12, takeachance wrote:
I went and dug this out again and just finished re-reading the booklet. There are many superior ways to instant stooge than this, perhaps this is a good one for someone starting out with the concept of instant stooging. It isn't a bad concept for the use of the gimmick but could have easily been sold as a booklet only. There are so many versions of the gimmick on the market. Way over priced was the problem for me and a very deceptive add.

Don't have this but if the gimmick is yet another playing card "blister", then yes, takeachance you are right.

At least three gimmicks I can think of were released, in these last three years.

However, it's the idea that counts here, not the gimmick!

If you feel that the script will make for your subject IMPOSSIBLE TO FATHOM how you cued him / her... Then, your subject will be as much surprised AND in the dark as the rest of your whole audience.

If that's not the case... Then, takeachance, this is only another "instant-stooge" thing which won't fool the subject and - worst of all in my agenda - will let him / her in the secret.

But, if I can expand on what PsiDroid said in his post above yours, with my own ATHOS, you can secretly cue your subject with a NUMBER or with ANY ESP SYMBOL - and they'll NEVER KNOW HOW YOU DID THAT!

They will indeed be as shocked or confused as the rest of your audience.

Happy New Year everyone!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
All I said is 100% true:

read my last post for a review on how I used athos for a chair routine included in the instructions

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=15&16
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mind Projector by Will Tsai (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL