The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Boss' Cylinder and Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Mitch,

Thank you for your kin words. I'm afraid the pencl wand is a one of a kind item. Well...not exactly...there is a duplicate that is housed in my collection. The new owner is a Café member. I have to stick with my word that it is a one of a kind. It was pretty difficult to make actually.

I really loved using it to vanish the coins in the routine.

Thanks for watching.

Rannie

The San Miguels are waiting for your Manila home coming Mitch!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Magic in Manila plus San Miguels...I'm going to start saving for my plane ticket today.
Cheers,
Mitch
(AKA Mitchell de Manila)
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Mitchell de Manila....Thats what the great Paul Potassy calls you to this day. He and Lita have fond memories of you as a young man. They would love to have you home.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks for sharing.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Hi Rannie, it's a beautiful routine.
You should know that the effect predates Ramsay and was in Hocus Pocus Junior, but the coins where vanished at once. Ramsay is not even the one having had the idea to vanish the coins one by one (as sometimes presented).
John Ramsay however made the effect famous by fooling great magicians like the Professor with his incredible misdirection. The strolling version made famous by Nate Leipzig and perfected by Roger Klause (whisper) became an effect of its own.
Your method is very different from Ramsay's or from the ones who worked at the effect after him. This makes your routine even more interesting.
John Carney, Mike Gallo and other well known magicians brought ideas into the routine, but much more along Ramsay's line. Your call is very original (and I've talked the talk and walked the walk upside down and inside out)

Congratulations
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thank you Mr. O! I have thought about this routine for sometime now. I'm glad I never gave up on it.
What an honor to hear from a very distinguished gentleman of magic. This has inspired me a thousand times more. Moreover, thank you for sharing the history of the cylinder and coins.

Mabuhay from Manila,

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2667 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Nice, clean, direct routine.. one of the best C&C I've seen.. Great job Boss..
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8603 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Meant to post earlier on this one, but very well done Rannie, it was absolutely magical. Love watching you work man. Smile

And Etienne, as usual here thanks for the glimpse into the history and background. Always interesting stuff and it makes you wonder how come we've never quite heard such things here or before about this wonderful effect, as many here fancy themselves as historians on this & that. Guess there's levels to everything. Anyway, great stuff my friend. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2008-09-06 17:29, Mb217 wrote:
And Etienne, as usual here thanks for the glimpse into the history and background. Always interesting stuff and it makes you wonder how come we've never quite heard such things here or before about this wonderful effect, as many here fancy themselves as historians on this & that. Guess there's levels to everything. Anyway, great stuff my friend. Smile

Hi Marion,
If you (or any magician seriously interested in Cylinder and Coins) would like to investigate further the Cylinder and Coins, I could PM a study I've done on the props and the plot together with a short bibliography (the thorough one was stolen some years ago with a previous computer), which would be a little long for a post (I already sent it to Rannie)
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8603 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Etienne, I will email you about it. But perhaps the "historians" amongst us are the ones that should be knowing this stuff most. Smile Everytime you speak of the history on this & that I learn something that none of these guys have ever mentioned here before in their musings about said magicians, especially as to Ramsay...Some on these guys on these forums consider themselves quite serious students of his work. Guess there are students and teachers. Smile Good job my friend and my brother Rannie's take on the scheme is like all his work, beautifully/personably done. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The Boss' Cylinder and Coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL