The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Youell's on YouTube and Hell Has Frozen Over (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2887 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Steve - clearly you are free to do whatever you wish. I am happy to see that you are posting your excellent videos on a private site. The world isn't going to end if you choose to post them on youtube but it seems to be a slightly better place when you post moves etc on a private site. Thanks for going to all the trouble necessary to do this.

One positive side effect is that it will bring traffic to your site where you can offer your teaching material for sale.

Keep 'em coming!

Mike
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Slighty off topic, BUT THIS REMINDS ME of something that happened at a FISM where I was a judge.

Daryl did an effect in the "invention" category.

After all the acts finished, the Chief Judge asked me "Can you find Daryl and bring him in here?" I said, "Why?" He said, "We need to find out the method so we can see if it is original."

I said, "No need to talk to Daryl, I know the method. He PALMED THE CARD."

The judge said, "NO, I did not see him palm a card."

To which I replied, "It's Daryl, you don't see when he palms cards."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-09-02 11:19, Steven Youell wrote:
So if I posted these things on my own website (with no password protection) would that satisfy everyone?

Steven Youell

I think Mr Youell's suggestion would work. I can see the cause for concern on a public site like YouTube but a magician's own website would be an appropriate place for sleight demos and reasonably safe.
Possibly the best top palm around, RAP, has been on another magician's website for quite a few years. No password needed. Yet most magicians aren't aware of it let alone the general public.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
This is my solution. First, within a week, the palming video will come down from YouTube. On my YouTube channel I will post only videos of effects-- more specifically CLASSIC EFFECTS, so the YouTubers will then have the opportunity of knowing what they should look like. In this way I can use YouTube to drive traffic to the site without exposing actual secrets and/or sleights.

I have a website up and running: http://www.stevenyouell.net

It requires a password, but on that site I will have commentary, videos (including the palming video), lecture notes and other articles. Soon a forum will be available but it will have a very specific purpose so not everyone will want to participate.

The goal is to have one video posed on YouTube and one on the site every week.

I believe that this is a solution that will satisfy everyone who was concerned with exposure AND everyone who was concerned that the material will not be available.

For more information on how to obtain access to the site, please e-mail me at syouell@cox.net

Is this OK with everyone? Everyone happy now? Smile

Steven Youell
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Anyone who quotes Wyatt Earp is okay in my book! E mail sent!

Mick
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1468 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Mr Youell,

I just sent you an e-mail.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
I'm writing email right now
Vasilis
View Profile
Regular user
Greece
146 Posts

Profile of Vasilis
Steven, do you intend to reuse the old subscribers list from the "Compendium" forums days, after the clearing up you've (i guess) done? Or anybody has send you an email for join the new club? I'm asking this, because we all have nicks and passwords and it might be easier for you if ,that way, wrote some tens replies emails less.

Oh...and by the way....make the links in your signature clickables....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Youell's on YouTube and Hell Has Frozen Over (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL