The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Car accident (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I was involved in a car accident yesterday. A woman ran a red light, and I hit her car. The airbag in my car didn't go off, so I wasn't going at a high rate of speed. They ended up taking me to the emergency room because I was experiencing chest pains. My 16-year old son was with me, and he wasn't hurt (and thank goodness he wasn't the one driving). I'm a bit stiff this morning. At the scene, the officer asked us what happened. She said she had the green light and I ran the red light and hit her car. I said that I had the green light, she ran the red light, and I hit her car. The officer told us there were cameras at the intersection and they could determine who had the green light, and whoever lied could be charged with filing a false report, lying to a police officer, and a couple other things. I said it wasn't a problem because I knew I had the green light. I found out later that the woman started then saying things like "I'm pretty sure I had the green light" and "I think I had the green light."

So, now I have to get a copy of the accident report, call my insurance company, and see what all has to be done to get my car fixed.
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Glad you are ok! Yeah accidents are a pain.

It could have been you both had the green light. There are times that electronics mess up. So it would be the fault of the city.

But since you're 100% sure you had the green light, then it's in your favor either way.

Again, the most important thing is that you are ok.

Rick and Syd
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
How are you doing now?
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
My back is a little sore today, but no chest pains. I'm not sure if the back pain is just normal stress and strains or from the accident. My son is fine. I called my insurance company, and they said I could go ahead and file with them or wait and file thru the other driver's insurance. I told her I'd like to wait to make that decision until I get a copy of the police report and see who they assigned blame, and go from there. She said that was fine, and to just get back with them when I made my decision. Either way, my car will get fixed.

Margarette
Thought farmer
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Thought farmer
You and your son are in my thoughts this evening. Put yourselves first in line for some TLC.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Margarette

I'm just glad that you and your son are OK.

Tony
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Me too...glad you all are ok..
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
NJ is a No Fault state. It doesn't matter who caused it...everybodys insurance goes up...lol

But on a lighter note, glad to hear you are okay!
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Margarette,

I'm glad to hear that you and your son are unharmed.
Thank the Lord.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
How long does it take to get a police report?

Glad you are OK. Feeling better I hope.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
The accident happened on a Saturday of a weekend that contained a holiday. The report was available online on Wednesday.

I think physically, I'm fine, but mentally, I think the insurance company will put me in the funny farm before it's all said and done!!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
And I somehow missed this thread, and had to hear about it from my friend...MARGARETTE. Sorry! Hope you're doing well!

Steve
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Glad you are OK and hope your insurance doesn't have to pay, that the perpetrator does pay. You don't want your rates to go up.

This reminds me of a strange bit... Couple of weeks ago I got distracted and accidentally tapped the side of our next door neighbor's car. Smallish dent.. but cost me $1,300.00 argh...

A week after he had it repaired someone STOLE THE CAR... Police figure it is an inside job from someone at the auto body/fentder shop. The crooks make dupe keys and know your home address... and during the night your car VANISHES.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Margarette, it's a pain dealing with an insurance company. However, on the grand scheme of things ..I'm so glad you and your son weren't hurt.

Chrystal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Car accident (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL