The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Best shrinking card case (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Which one do you guys recommend most highly? I need to get a new one. I intend to use it with Diminishing Returns (so I need to take the deck out, then perform the shrinking effect). The first one I had was made of plastic, and didn't look too great. After that, I had a better one that I purchased from Hank Lee, but I consider it 'defective' since it's too small to close properly when the full size deck is inside the case. I think it is the Kennedy shrinking case.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Yours in magic-

David
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
Make you own. John Cornellias (think that's how you spell it?)won fism withis act which used a shinking card case. On is dvd he exaplains how he makes it.

Andrew
JoshuaMichael
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of JoshuaMichael
The Cornelius case in combination with the John Kennedy shrinking cards is dynamite.
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
My mistake. The one I have now is the cornelius case. But it's too short to close when the deck is in there. Is it defective?

Great idea re making my own. I guess I'm being lazy.
Troels
View Profile
Loyal user
Denmark
205 Posts

Profile of Troels
I also use Diminishing Returns with a Cornelius Shrinking Card Case. Very strong and funny. I am not sure I understand what you mean: "too short to close ..". Of course the case can not be "shrunken" with the normal sized deck inside. You have to hide the trickry design with your fingers. But once the deck is taken out, it should be possible to shrink the case with one hand (and some practice!).

I focus on the deck in the right hand: I move I towards the spectators telling my story about this special compressed deck. At the same time I turn my left hand with the empty case with the back to the spectators and move it to the left (out of focus). While moving the left hand I "compress" the case and place it on the table and move the hand quickly forward to the deck again.

I have a card selected and promise to make the selected card grow when relieved from the pressure of the deck. After the first effect I insist that this has happened! When somebody says: "Now, it is the other cards that are shrunken" I say "No, look. The deck has grown bigger. It can't fit into the case anymore!" and show the little case on the table.

The funny thing is: When you start to tell about the magic cards you will make grow, the spectators are too focused on the deck to notice the little case until you look at it on the table, and point it out to them.

I am obcesssed with the idea of returning the big (means "normal sized") deck to the minicase after finishing the routine. That is what a real magician would do.
Tommy Wonder has constructed a wonderfull gimmick to use in his effect "Squeeze" (Books of Wonder I). But I am still not sure if it could be done at all, - I mean witout switching both the case and the cards! A demanding engineering puzzle.
Troels
View Profile
Loyal user
Denmark
205 Posts

Profile of Troels
***ed! This routine is so confusing that I confused myself!

Let me correct myself:
When somebody says: "Now, it is the other cards that are shrunken" I say "No, look. The chosen card (not the deck) has grown bigger. It can't fit into the case anymore!" and show the little case on the table. I also take the little case and place it upon the row of minicards (thereby also hiding the not so perfect part).

Hope this makes meaning.

Trolle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Best shrinking card case (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL