The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious Card - Daryl (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
Through use, a deck would have a slight "bow" in it anyway, at least mine do over time. Once bowed, little to no pressure is required to thumb count. It comes to simply letting your thumb gently riffle down the side.

With a brand new deck though, I've noticed that I have to use more pressure to accomplish the same thing. You're right though, in a routine requiring numerous consecutive double/triple lifts there has to be some consistency. I don't like the deck "flexing" either.

Before purchasing the video/gimmick I wrote his web site asking as to whether or not he still performed the FISM routine in Vegas regularly. His wife responded saying that he did the same routine several times a night, every night he performed. That has to be a testament to his technique.

Dave
wesleyc6
View Profile
New user
Georgia
88 Posts

Profile of wesleyc6
Yeah, I would say that is quite a testament! He is great isn't he. I wonder why he doesn't use a pinky count. Of the get readies, isn't that supposed to be tops in subtlety?
Danno
View Profile
New user
Boston
94 Posts

Profile of Danno
I love the snap double by Larry Jennings, it works really well for me.

Cover up the get ready by snapping your fingers before the reveal of the ambitious card. Or have the spec do the snapping. This is what Daryl does.
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
No doubt about it! The moves and sleights and subtleties taught in this dvd are worth the price of the tape. The sleights he teaches you will get you out of trouble when things go to their worst. I have seen the video but don't yet own it.
dave_cane
View Profile
New user
England
34 Posts

Profile of dave_cane
Hmmm sounds suspicious...

lol.

Anyway are there any colour changes in this vid 'cus recently I have been thinking about them (since I saw a melt change on magicvideodepot). Right now I know the shapeshifter change but am eager to learn more! Smile

David.
taller
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of taller
I have the Bill Malone Ambitious card routine on Vol 1 of his DVD series. Would the Daryl DVD still be worth getting? Just wondering. Was thinking of his Foolers Vol 2 DVD.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
taller,

Yes! Bill Malone's AC routine is very good, but Daryl covers more. Not only the necessary sleights, but also many other sleights that can be used in different routines. You will learn many, many ways to do AC.
In love with magic!
felix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of felix
I like Daryl´s AC video. After watching it you will be able to create your own routine.The part I like most about the video is the preformance section. You can claerly see there, how entertaining an AC routine is. Daryl does a great performance and gets a standing ovation. If you still want to learn more about the AC, have a look at these books:

Card College 2
Stars Of Magic
Sonata
Unexplainable Acts
Steel And Silver
Expert Card Technique
Magic Atlas

Yours Felix
nelly
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of nelly
Its well worth the money, there are that many sleight in it to accheive the same ending that you can perform it to some one a couple of times totaly differently, well nearly
David Round
View Profile
New user
England
5 Posts

Profile of David Round
Daryl's performance is truely great in this DVD/Video. I have purchased many teaching materials and have found that some magicians are rather monotone in their delivery. Daryl however, is a delight to watch and keep the viewer interested and willing to learn.
I would recommend this as a must for Card Magicians everywhere.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I bought it before. Not a bad purchase. Content is jam-packed and quality of sleights are great.
However I only found Daryl's teaching style a bit fast for me.. Smile just my opinion. But overall a great buy.
crazymagic
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of crazymagic
It is simply the best video out there on the ambitious card. Every magician should have it.
J3
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
164 Posts

Profile of J3
He does go a bit fast, but it is a video afterall. Nonetheless as someone mentioned above, people mainly buy this to hear daryl giggle, LOL. Its great to see how he handles the audience.
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
HIGHLY SUGGESTED! one of his best! You can do it with a new, barrowed oe used deck. Daryl is a skilled teacher and yes he does laugh funny.
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Videos by Daryl are generally very good and entertaining.
jkr
View Profile
Regular user
Mn
110 Posts

Profile of jkr
For those who haven't tried Ultimate Ambition, making it is not as hard as it looks. I used Mono Adhesive tape (not as messy as glue) and a card stock paper cutter. Both these items can be found in Walmart's craft section. It takes a little time but is not that hard to do.

Jake
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1296 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
In my opinion you cant beat the pass in an ambitious card routine.The thing about this the card without question is in the center of the deck and boom its on top........you can follow up such a move with a turnover drop or maybe jame ellis loading move and because the spectator seen the card go in the middle first time around he will believe its in the middle without question again.Kinda conditions them so to speak.
junkdz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of junkdz
Saw this trick on TV the other night on More Science of Magic. Will have to get this DVD so I can learn it.
Montgomeryville Magician http://www.dzmagic.com Philadelphia Magician
juggle
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of juggle
I really like Daryl's video. It also seems to be the only video completely devoted to the topic. However, the more I think about it, the more obvious it becomes that the video is far from being complete. This is to be expected since also every sleight in card magic can somehow be used as part of an ambitious card routine, e.g. I just noticed that the scoop addition can be really helpful. However, Daryl teaches many really good moves, probably more moves than the average performer ever needs...
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I believe it is the BEST magic DVD of DARYL.

Daryl, you are the BEST teacher!

Hirase
In love with magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious Card - Daryl (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL