The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious Card - Daryl (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
Well I'm going to agree with most on here that Daryl's is a great video! WINK. and with that said I have to comment to Harry Lorayne my god I had no idea you were on the Café' and its a pleasure to even be writing here knowing you are. I like to say first off if you put out something and say its jaw dropping then I'm sure it is, I will be checking into that. Before I go I want to tell you I have your reputation makers book and learned a lot of great moves and effects from it, my fav is the Card Sharp and the Four Gamblers and was the reason I bought the book, so wanted to say thanks for all the years of knowledge that you have shared with us, its a pleasure to even say I had this opportunity to say thanks.

Rick Anderson
With out Magic-Nothing changes!
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
mrmagik68
View Profile
Elite user
NYC
438 Posts

Profile of mrmagik68
I just saw this thread. For what it's worth, in my opinion Daryl's Ambitious Card video is fantastic! I purchased this video a few years ago and my current ACR has many elements of Daryl's routine. It is a great source for learning this classic. Incidently, I only use five revelations in my ACR. I don't recall how many revelations Daryl's routine consists of but I've found through trial that five is a good number for me.

Harry, I recall reading your ACR routine (in CUCM I think) and it was the first ACR I learned. This too is another great source for learning this classic! I think I'm going to get my Classic Collection out and revisit that one.

Another thing, I read mention in this thread of the thumb count for the double-get ready. I believe this is in Daryl's routine however, I don't't care for that technique. My teacher used to cringe when he first discovered I was using it. I have to agree now that it has too many 'tells'. I'm a strike second kind of guy and I also use the pinky count quite a bit.

Roberto
Original Card Clinician
doktorp
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of doktorp
The DVD is great. It depends, where you would like to perform it. It's not the best thing for table hopping...
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Why not?
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Quote:
On 2010-02-24 06:59, Fábio DeRose wrote:
Why not?

..because of the set up for the finale....
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
The set-up for the finale may help a table hopper build a routine.

You can use the rope at the end of your card routine to segue into a rope routine.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Or just leave 'em dumbfounded.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ambitious Card - Daryl (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL