The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wireless reciever problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
317 Posts

Profile of jiayi
I just bought Shure PGX head-worn vocal system, complete with a headset mic, wireless receiver and a bodypack transmitter. howeever when I tried out the system with my fender passport pd 150 sound system at home, the wireless receiver kept losing signals(the ready LED light comes on for a few seconds and then goes off, comes on again and then the light gone again) the sound was on and off on and off...it was frustrating, does anybody know what's the problem?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Are there different channels you can switch between? Check to make sure the channel on the beltpack matches the one on the receiver, too! Companies have been known to send out slightly different frequencies.

Steve
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Check the batteries in your transmitter.

I replace my alkaline batteries after every other performance, just to be safe. The cost is minimal if you get the batteries in lots of a dozen. And if you're using rechargeable batteries, it's my uinderstanding that they are not always as strong or long-lasting as the disposable alkalines. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
My experience with quality rechargeables is the opposite...they seem to have more "oomph" than alkalines, and I've had equipment perform better on the rechargeables than on standard Duracells. But you've got to buy the good ones, not the cheapies!
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
That's very interesting, Jeff, because I would rather use rechargeables if possible -- I don't want to throw away batteries if I can help it. But that was the story I got on rechargeables, so I shied away from them.

So how do you tell a good rechargeable battery from a crummy one (before it dies in the middle of your show)? SETH
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Quote:
On 2008-09-03 23:01, jiayi wrote:
... when I tried out the system with my fender passport pd 150 sound system at home, the wireless receiver kept losing signals(the ready LED light comes on for a few seconds and then goes off, comes on again and then the light gone again)

jiayi,
First, perform the "Single System SetUp" on page 6 of the manual.
Does that fix the problem? If so, have a nice day.

If not;
Try removing the Fender from the equation. See if you still get short-distance failures by just observing the receiver's "ready" light.

Has your receiver been sitting on top of the Fender? If so, this may be the problem, because the magnetic field generated by the Fender's speaker can probably interfere.

Keep us posted.
Cheers from Toronto!
Dan McLean Jr
jiayi
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
317 Posts

Profile of jiayi
Hey, guys, I don't think it is the batteries on the transmitter, the ones I used were brand new from the box, I even tried to replace them, the same problem persists. the channels are sync automatically for the receiver and transmitter.

Tod: page 6 single system setup didn't do the job. I even try to isolate the wireless system from the Fender, the Green Ready light still blinks every 5 seconds or so. I am thinking to take it back to the Long and Maquade next week and see if they can sort it out for me.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Last thought: have you tried moving the whole setup to a different room or other location and giving it another try?

Maybe you are near a fluorescent light, electric motor or something else that is interfering with the reception. Otherwise, it sounds like a return to the seller is in order. SETH
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
917 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
About rechargeables...I've had good luck with nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, instead of the older nicads. These are commonly used in digital cameras because they can deliver capacity for longer than alkaline. I think they're also used in hybrid cars.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Wireless reciever problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL