The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Need repositionable glue (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
I'm working on a card effect and need help in finding a repositionable glue. I would like to glue 2 cards together but not permenantly. The glue needs to be strong enough so that the cards can be handled casualy without fear of them separating, but still be able to separate the cards when needed. My other concern is that the glue should not leave any residue that will be seen once the cards have been separated. Any help would be appreciated.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1738 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
3M Creative Mount is perfect. Or a special glue stick that I do not use. Also you can search in the Café here for Tack Pads, they are really strong and work very well.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I have used Scotch repositionable Craft Stick (Scotch brand is a 3M product). It's available at pretty much any craft store and I've also seen it at Wal-Mart. It worked fine for me.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I've also been looking for a repositionable glue. Looking for a glue that will hold cards together securely, but still allow you to separate them when needed. I've tried a lot of repositionable adhesives, they all work pretty good, but I've notice a "crisp audibal snap" when I attempt to separate the cards. Looking for a glue that will hold, but have no audibal snap when separating the cards. Any suggestions?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5382 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I have been using "2 Way Glue" (brand: Kuretake). I found it in the scrapbooking section at Jo-Ann Fabrics.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
When will 3M or some other company come to their senses and make a Double Stick tape with one side permanent and the other side repositionable?..Smile
cybermoley
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of cybermoley
I use Tonertex pens, They are excellent and waterbased so no staining or marking on the cards. You can pick them up on Ebay for about £2 or in craft shops.
As for permanent and repositionable I just put a dab of superglue on one side of the tape! It works for me!
Hope this helps
Simon
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
Aleen's brand sells a glue called "Tack-It Over and Over". They call it "A pressure sensitive liquid glue for a temporary bond." It can be found in most craft stores. It really works great- much better than double stick tape.

Merl
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17041 Posts

Profile of joseph
THIS is supposed to be good...I'm gonna try it, since it's what Anthony Owen uses and recommends...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
Magician wax works well especially if you are worried about that audible snap.

robert
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Scotch 3M re-mount
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Lots of possibilities out there.

Scotch and Avery Glue Sticks are good. Krylon Easy Tack is also good, and there's no loud "pop" when the cards are separated with any of these products.

3M Remount (Creative Mount?) is a stronger adhesive; therefore, there is more of a "pop"; however, it has its advantages.

Robert
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Office Depot has Re-positionable "dots". Work pretty good.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
The 3M glue stick that is labeled REMOVABLE works great!
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I have tried all the glues that everyone has listed above and many more. They are all good to very good at holding two cards together. that's not the issue. Its when I separate the cards is the issue. Everyone one of the above listed glues make a "crisp audibal snap" when separating the cards. What I'm looking for is a glue that will hold a couple of cards together, but make no noise when they are separated.
DGillam
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of DGillam
You may want to try rotating the cards apart as you separate them. This greatly minimizes the sound as they separate, and it works with double sided tape as well as all of the re-positional glue products that I have tried.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I'll give it a try.

Thanks
rayg1952
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of rayg1952
I have Magician's mate glue stick it's ok the only thing I don't like about it is the glue will spread to other the cards and those cards will stick to other cards.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I received several PMs from Bill Abbott about the glue he uses for Smart-Ass. I have to say hes a very nice guy to deal with. He explained to me that the glue is only available commerically and difficult to come by. But he did suggest that any over the counter repositionable glues should work just fine. Hope this post helps anyone who wants to freshin up their cards.
Gill Rogers
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, AR, USA
61 Posts

Profile of Gill Rogers
I recently bought the 2 Card Monte video and set put out by Magic Makers. In one of the effects described, Brian Thomas Moore uses lip balm (i.e. Chapstick or some other brand) to put the two cards together. Haven't tried it, but it seems to work well on the video.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Need repositionable glue (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL