The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tattoo Joe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
It amazed me!
WALTHER
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
WOW!!!!
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Here's the E page

http://www.ellusionist.com/category/featured/tattoo-joe.do

Man, it comes out a day before my birthday Smile How nice of those guys!
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
The official release date is now the 16th of September. See you at 1pm!

VcosNJ,
The Astonishment Project was launched last June....

Best,
Jason
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
This looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My head is swimming with ideas Smile

Mike
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Yes, there is a ton of stuff you can do with this. Joe goes into a lot of variations but you can definitely use this in a lot of different ways....
DefyTheMind
View Profile
New user
West Palm Beach, Florida
26 Posts

Profile of DefyTheMind
I like it but...

This is not original, I have videos on YouTube of me performing this from back in June and July, I have been doing it for well over six months. I have an entire thread on here about it..

The originator is a Japanese Magician, His name escapes me, I had the pleasure of meeting him at the IBM/SAM convention, and Seeing his version of this effect, I mean I'm happy for Joe Russell, It's good to release such a great effect so every ellusionist kid can buy it and expose it on youtube, that's awesome, that's exactly what I was hoping would happen.

Again I'm not trying to be mean, But like I said check my youtube, I have been performing this for quite some time. But I'm glad everyone and there brother can now just go to ellusionist and destroy it. And claim originality.

Again my only problem, Claiming originality for an effect that Some of us have been doing for a while. The Japanese Magician, Sells this effect, and has for a long time.

Seems that's what ellusionist has becoming good at. Taking peoples effects, putting a pretty face on them, and a killer trailor, and selling them to every youtube kid in the world. Doesn't anyone agree?

Seriously?

Youtube.com/DefyTheMind I've called it 'inked' for ages.
"The secret to life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly decieved." -Oscar Wilde
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Interesting been doin this for a long time now. The effect and method is not original with Joe Russell. Now Ellusionist has their hands on it and every man-scara street magic kid will be doing it and YouTube videos with 12 year olds with Cris Angel tattoos on their arms will be plentiful. Hoo-Ray! Masterpeice, labor of love, come on! There is no doubt this is an amazing effect,when Joe Riggs and I first posted this in the Let There be Magic sub forum here at the Café we were met with heavy critisisms from people not believing it actually deceives, but it does and is truly astonishing. I wish Joe Russell the best with (His):hmm: masterpeice.

-Paul
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
496 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
This effect looks fantastic. I do have a few questions though.
1.) Can you let the spectator feel the tattoo?
2.) Can you leave the tattoo on your skin for a period of time once you've revealed it?

Or is it one of those things where you need to make it disappear shortly after in order to prevent it from being examined?
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
DefyTheMind,
I've known about this trick for over a year so you performing it for the last six months don't prove a whole lot to me.

What Japanese magician sells this effect? Where do they sell it?

I'm glad everyone and their brother can just come on here and claim un-originality without any concrete proof. A japanese magician who's name escapes you....lol Sorry, I'll need a little bit more than that to go on.

How do you know Joe Russell isn't' the person being ripped off?

Oh and since when does selling magic tricks destroy them?

I'd be more than happy to consider some real evidence once it's provided but this just sounds like someone trying to storm the barn...again. What else is new around here...sigh.

Best,
Jason
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Hmm, just found this post by PaulyPrestige(seems to be a name of pure irony)
Quote:
On 2008-08-05 16:37, Pauly Prestige wrote:
Thanks!! We love it too!! We are considering releasing this to the magic community but we just want some feedback before we do. Thanks for watching. By the way we tested this out on many different types of audiences. In this video we found the rowdiest biker bar we could find and did this multiple times and every time the reaction was phenomenal, some were on the verge of vomiting most their eyes popped out their head. We love it.
-paul

First a Japanese magician and now you guys are the ones considering this for release to the magic community. No sign of Japanese magician in any of those posts by you or your magic associate. And you guys don't seem to have any problem selling the trick in that thread.

You even have the nerve to use the words "pieces of strange" in your first post about this.....and now you claim Paul Harris and Joe Russell are ripping you off. Amazing!!!!!
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
"Oh and since when does selling magic tricks destroy them?"

since ellusionist came around. perform for a person a ellusionist trick, the person googles magic trick and gets ellusionist. then they go download the torrent once they have the name, some buy it out of curiousity.

I wish I was making this up but it has happen more the often. iv seen people again who have said "i found that trick you did" then proceeds to butcher it for his friends.

then of course there is the never ending stream of kids who post poor videos on youtube, purposely or not purposely showing how its done
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
This sounds and looks incredible. I cannot wait.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
The trick does look nice though =)
Phatmeat
View Profile
Elite user
Germantown, Maryland
496 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Quote:
On 2008-09-05 16:35, Joshua Barrett wrote:

since ellusionist came around. perform for a person a ellusionist trick, the person googles magic trick and gets ellusionist. then they go download the torrent once they have the name, some buy it out of curiousity.

I wish I was making this up but it has happen more the often. iv seen people again who have said "i found that trick you did" then proceeds to butcher it for his friends.

then of course there is the never ending stream of kids who post poor videos on youtube, purposely or not purposely showing how its done

Yeah, unfortunately it's happened to me a few times in the past. Just off the top of my head, Fraud, SAW, and more recently Flow were a few tricks I've performed where the spectators later went and googled them and discovered the method through an exposure site or on YouTube. It's absolutely disheartening but eh, what are you gonna do?
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Quote:

I totally understand where you're coming from on this and of course that isn't the most desirable outcome to have the secrets found out. For me, if they go to that point to search out the answer to a magic trick, then I've done something wrong to make them care so much about the "how".....I've gone from presenting miracles to giving them puzzles to figure out. And of course sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are, people will naturally do it.

But to blame Ellusionist or some other magic retailer (if anyone has a new model for magic distribution I'm all ears) doesn't really solve the problem. Blaming someone else for my experience is kind of a weak and wimpy position to come from and usually doesn't accomplish much except to create bad feelings.

There is a natural paradox in the way magic is distributed that nobody has adequately dealt with. If a magic trick is good, it is becomes popular and it sells a lot. But that natural growth progress makes the secret less valuable. This of course happens elsewhere with other products and in other industries. But in magic there is that desire to be one of the few special ones......and I think that is the underlying problem that some people have with the big retailers. The problem isn't that the secret is more readily available to laymen, but the sense of specialness decreases when so many are doing the same trick.

Best,
Jason
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quote:
On 2008-09-05 16:43, Phatmeat wrote:
Yeah, unfortunately it's happened to me a few times in the past. Just off the top of my head, Fraud, SAW, and more recently Flow were a few tricks I've performed where the spectators later went and googled them and discovered the method through an exposure site or on YouTube. It's absolutely disheartening but eh, what are you gonna do?

Simple. I can't say don'tdo them because they're great effects. But here's my suggestion. Do them to girls...they won't care about learning how to do them, they'll just be amazed. Smile
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
DefyTheMind
View Profile
New user
West Palm Beach, Florida
26 Posts

Profile of DefyTheMind
The Japanease magician SELLING this effect at the IBM/SAM convention is Jimmy Kikuchi, You can find him on the dealers list at http://www.ibmsam2008.com/dealerbooths.html

Since his name escaping me caused such problems, there you go...
"The secret to life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly decieved." -Oscar Wilde
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:

I HAT HATE HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Ugh...Today was supposed to be an easy day....

To the best of my knowledge, here's what's going on:

Joe Russell created a trick where a tattoo of your choice magically appears on your arm, independently, at least a year and a half ago. Paul Harris, me and a select few others can verify this. I know that I personally knew about this about a year and a half ago, at least from Paul Harris.

This trick was submitted for possible submission for a tv special about 3 or 4 months ago. Who saw it, who it was shared with, I don't know.

Apparently Kikuchi is selling a magic appearing tattoo. The YouTube video is dated June 30th. He appeared at a convention July 21-July 26th where Defythemind and Paul Prestige, according to their posts, learned it from Kikuchi and it appears, in their words, they wanted to release this to the magic community. Which I don't understand really, if someone else was already selling it. I call that a rip off. Their claim that they have been doing it for 6 months seems unverified and as of now unproven. Joe Russell has been working on Tattoo Joe for a very long time, to claim that he ripped them off when they planned on ripping off Kikuchi is truly a silly claim.

Paul Harris is in the process of contacting Kikuchi to speak with him, let him know what is going on, where we're at, and to move forward. Whether this is a case of independent invention, a leaked idea or what, I don't know.

I hope this clears things up and as things progress I will let everyone know what is going on.

Best,
Jason
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tattoo Joe (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL