The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tattoo Joe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2493 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Tattoo Joe seems unusable.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I've heard Ghost Ink isn't as deceptive either. :\
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-11-24 19:58, Jerskin wrote:
Tattoo Joe seems unusable.

Why?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14057 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-09-07 12:32, DefyTheMind wrote:
Don't Worry, The topic is still very much Tattoo Joe in my Mind overall.

I do not perform Ellusionist effects. At least I try not to. I perform three nights a week, every single week, 52 weeks a year at a Hotel/Bar. Now on the upside, of all the people I perform for a week, many of them return again and again, and none of them have ever said, "Hey, I did a search and this is how you did that effect." But. The pathetic situation is that they very well could. If they were to think about it. As a whole, Most adults appreciate what we do and do not go on all out method searches.

But, Ellusionists' target consumer? 12-15 year old kids... They will go directly home on a mission. To search until they find the secrets. And As my friend so elegantly displayed, they don't have to search long. Maybe, 60 seconds. Tops. They will find Brad Christians empire, And his Christianites revealing steadily on YouTube.

Hell, Some of my videos on YouTube, of which I have 24. NOW WHEN YOU GO TO THEM, The "RELATED VIDEOS" window beside them, are THE TUTORIAL OF THE TRICK I AM PERFORMING. I have videos online for my Customers. Luckily all my videos are embedded on my website, and that is where 80% of my clients view them. But, if they view them on YouTube itself, Little Johnnys Fork Bending Tutorial may surely appear right by my Performance of Streblers Liquid Metal Routine. Lovely.

And do not worry, I do not solely blame Ellusionist and Theory 11, I blame the Never-a-Continuous-Shot Criss Angel, Also Targeting and Appealing to the same audience.

I perform in an over 18 establishment, and have never had an issue. But that is far from the point.

Now because of "tattoo joe." I now perform an ellusionist effect, Won't be long before Kids are commenting my video, that has been OUT SINCE BEFORE the release of "tattoo joe" with sayings such as "hey I got that too" "hey I know how you did that." "hey I got that for christmas"

And the hundreds of performances horribly executed that will reveal the method anyway. Joe Russell should have the same concerns. His effect will spiral down once this all comes to pass. Ones the tutorials arrive, of method and self construction.

-Joe Riggs

Your post is up front, and pathetically the sad, sad truth nowadays. What used to be a respected part of magic, in fact the very HEART of the magic art, that is the keeping of secrets, is now so antediluvian that one can't help but wonder if it's even worth it anymore.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Ive read that you get gimmicks and that you get some eqpt that would make further gimmicks. If I have only 2 or 3 gimmicks left and the said eqpt. Can I make up further gimmicks of different/new tattoo designs or am I only limited to replicating the 2 designs of the gimmicks left ??
Mind Melter
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
179 Posts

Profile of Mind Melter
The gimmicks will last you a long time... also refills are available from shops world-wide.

Also, you can choose any design you wish to use... you're not limited to any, in any way. That said, some designs work better than others.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Here's an idea that just came to me and is kind of obvious?

Use Tattoo Joe to perform ashes on arm....BUT with color!
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Quote:
On 2008-09-07 12:32, DefyTheMind wrote:

Hell, Some of my videos on YouTube, of which I have 24. NOW WHEN YOU GO TO THEM, The "RELATED VIDEOS" window beside them, are THE TUTORIAL OF THE TRICK I AM PERFORMING. I have videos online for my Customers. Luckily all my videos are embedded on my website, and that is where 80% of my clients view them. But, if they view them on YouTube itself, Little Johnnys Fork Bending Tutorial may surely appear right by my Performance of Streblers Liquid Metal Routine. Lovely.
-Joe Riggs

That's 100% your fault! I just went to youtube, and it looks like you name your videos after the actual trick name!!!! That's unbelievable. OF course they can look it up if you call it by it's magician's name. Those names should NEVER be used outside of the magic community. I can't believe that has to be mentioned.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
danielwilde
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of danielwilde
Question regarding the terminology on this and without giving anything away but could someone IM me with the UK solution to this as we don't seem to have the names for the solution. Has anyone done this in the UK (what did you use Smile )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tattoo Joe (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL