The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Losander - Chain Breaker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
Where can I get additional gimmicks for this...without paying 60 dollars?

Thanks,
Sam
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
Perhaps it would be worth writing to Losander.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I bought this at blackpool a couple of years ago and haven't used it yet (that sounds familiar) but the gimmick didn't quite suit my little thin fingers.
So I thought to make my own. Just take a normal version of the gimmicked item and cut away what you don't need. When I bought mine at Blackpool that's what it came with so I suppose yours did too.

Hope that helps.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Steveline is correct. I also went to the hardware store and bought a heavier chain which I believe looks better.

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
How many people are using this? I would like to do it, but I'm not a fan of the part where he hooks it onto the spectator's purse. Has anybody come up with any other penetrations? $60 is a lot to spend on a routine like this.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Use a couple of 8" to 10" single linking rings. Have someone toss them to you one at a time and have them "penetrate" the thumbs. You can also hook onto the mic cord. Have the person clasp his/hers hands and make a ring and penetrate their arm. How about the upright on the back of a folding chair, I'm sure there are plenty more ideas.

-Ron

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I like the ring idea...it reminds me of the Alan Shaxon (sp?) routine. That could definitely work with the smaller solid ninja ring for walkaround. It's a good trick. I'm considering it.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I also didn't like the purse idea, so: I use a chain with padlock as in the video not the one supplied. I get this examined and say that the only way to open it is with the key, which is on my keyring hanging round my neck on a lanyard (if this is not suitable for you then a key on a loop of rope could be used) I then link onto the lanyard. The only way to remove this, I say, is to cut it. I then produce my "cut and restored rope" scissors, try to hand them to the spectator only to find I'm linked to the scissors also.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 8:40am
Does anybody have a killer way to end the chainbreaker routine?
n3o
View Profile
New user
Valenciennes, France
44 Posts

Profile of n3o
Does anyone here have other ideas further than the two main "moves" from the routine, to make it last a little bit longer, and have more fun with the spectator?
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
I never liked the purse idea either so I put it aside. The ring idea gave me a new line of thinking. I may incorporate this at the end of a larger ring and rope routine. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to think outside the box.
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
N3o... Did you read my post of July 19, 2009? That should get you going in another direction and get your creative juices flowing.

-Ron

n3o
View Profile
New user
Valenciennes, France
44 Posts

Profile of n3o
Ron, yes I read it. The folding chair and rings are good ideas.
But I don't understand the idea of penetrating the arms of a spectator since the whole arm can't fit between my tied thumb and index?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
How do you get extra gimmicks for it without paying 60 dollars? I'm confused. If you know how this is done, you know the gimmicks can be purchased from just about any magic store for generally less than 5 dollars. I think the tape is the most expensive part of the trick, and that comes from any home center or hardware store for a couple of bucks. Me thinks you have no clue of how it is done.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
The back of your hand will block most of the action as you make the pass through their arm. You would not direct your hands directly at them but more a a side angle. It's just more angley (is that a word?) that the smaller width items. They will be seeing the arm pass between the palms, if you know what I mean.

-Ron

Posted: Jan 19, 2011 10:36pm
Good point Father. I wanted to say something along that line but didn't know the best way to do it. I think you nailed it.

-Ron

marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
139 Posts

Profile of marcjh
I have a feeling the "gimmick" they are writing about is the ungimmicked chain. As for the real gimmick- if you have the tick, you know how to make one.

I have been practicing this for a couple of weeks, but I can't get it done really smoothly. Any tips?
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Are you using the chain that came with the effect?

-Ron

n3o
View Profile
New user
Valenciennes, France
44 Posts

Profile of n3o
Marcjh, don't use the chain supplied, it has edges which will get stuck in the tape, it's really uncomfortable. I went to the hardware store and got a smooth, well liked chain with a padlock, and now it's feels wonderful to do the move.

Ron, know I know what you mean, but this is for a thumb tie routine (that I will start to practice soon so still a good advice) but it's not something I can do with the "chainbreaker" tie. Thanks for your imput, indeed it seems that it's a strong thing to do to penetrate the spectators arm!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2011-01-19 17:48, Father Photius wrote:
How do you get extra gimmicks for it without paying 60 dollars? I'm confused. If you know how this is done, you know the gimmicks can be purchased from just about any magic store for generally less than 5 dollars. I think the tape is the most expensive part of the trick, and that comes from any home center or hardware store for a couple of bucks. Me thinks you have no clue of how it is done.

I agree. I smell something fishy here.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I was thinking of this effect again. I still haven't bought it, but still love the premise. How difficult is it to perform?
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Also, how much use do you get out of this effect?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Losander - Chain Breaker (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL