The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best impromptu ever??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I don't think that cards count as impromptu.
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
Yes,

By impromptu I mean NO CARD, and even NO COIN!!! Just NOTHING!!!

Smile
Franfran's magic, the real French Touch!
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Come on Franfran, absolutely nothing? That would take it down to the linking fingers behind the head. Haha!

Actually a lot of the "Body Tricks" could certainly be counted as impromptu. The arm twist that Blaine did on his special or the outstretched and locked hand twisty thing Copperfield did would qualify. (Sorry I don't remnember the names of these tricks and I'm not about to look them up.)

Some of the pseudo hypnosis stuff would be good too, such as lifting a person using two fingers (and four people) This believe it or not was presented as the real thing on the Coast to Coast AM website, or the one where the person is asked to look through an imaginary hole in the top of their head while eyes shut and then eyes are locked in closed position.

BTW - Not wanting to upset all the card people but the ambitious card is boring and loved mostly by those who do it - oh what the heck, I DO want to upset all the card people Smile
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Theres a great impromptu mentalism effect in Theatre of the mind where you predict what hand one of two spectators has a borrowed object.

Also I like balducci's levitation!

A little cold reading.

The mentalism classics...
magicman222
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of magicman222
I enjoy doing the trick switch or the 2 card monte Smile
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
If absolutly nothing, I would choose

1) Twisting arm
2) Levitation

Hirase
In love with magic!
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
If you are performing for your girlfriend's little son, I believe the trick of taking your thumb off and taking it back is one of the best. If you want to find out whether he is impressed or not, Don't forget to ask him if you can try with his thumb.
Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Arm twist-
Balls over head-
Center tear mentalism-
If absolutely no props are allowed then Arm twist.
Balducci's levitation is OK if it's for 1 or 2 people.
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
Balls over head is a great one! Smile
I also like the Torn and Restored Rubberband trick that I learned from one of Dan Harlan's Videos. Vanishing a borrowed ring or coin with a simple French Drop is great too.
Darck Ninja
View Profile
New user
SLC-UTAH
76 Posts

Profile of Darck Ninja
King rising by ellusionist.com
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who does not know it and can no longer wonder, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed." Einstein
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
If I had no props, and in short sleaves (so no twisting arm illusion) I would go to Meir Yedids, Finger Vanishes! I usually start with my Ring finger saying that I was born without it. I reach through the gap with my right hand which really looks odd. I then show the back of my hand and still no ring finger. Then "grow" a ring finger. It looks weird. I may post a video of it if anyone is interested.

Chad
mike stevenson
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of mike stevenson
I'm certainly interested. Would love to see a video chad.
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
I'm very interested, it sounds GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!

Best,

Franfran Smile
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Meir Yedid's "Finger Fantasies" stuff is the ultimate way to go in impromptu. I like to do the Telescoping Pinky, the old Stretching Thumb bit, and end with each of my fingers vanishing and reappearing. You're never sure what kind of response you're going to get. Sometimes people will just laugh hysterically because they don't know how to respond. Sometimes it's a moment of really deep astonishment. (And sometimes they just think you're very flexible). Either way, it's fun.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
Is it possible to buy a video or a book about this fingers stuff???
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Absolutely. Meir Yedid's "Finger Fantasies" video/DVD should be available at most magic shops. It features two live performances of his finger act (so you get a feel for the audience reactions) and good explanations. You don't have to have flexible fingers to perform it either (thank God). It's not for everyone but I think it's wonderful.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Franfran
View Profile
New user
Paris!
70 Posts

Profile of Franfran
I've already seen a performance for this kind of magic, and the guy was very, VERY stretchy and I was feeling worried for his fingers! Smile

But if you say that it's not necessary to have stretchy fingers, I'm interested!

Do you know if I could find an online video?

Thanx!!!

Franfran Smile
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Is Finger Fantasies a joke? I mean the method is so painful. I can't see any good reaction expect for the type of alright, just go to the next trick type of thing.

Lee
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Don't know about an on-line video. If you look up the product however, there's usually a picture of the video cover and on the cover you can see some still images of what the finger vanishes look like. And yes, no flexibility is needed. This was something I was worried about too.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Flexibility is not really an issue. Its more about angles. As far as reactions go, you get anything from laughs to odd looks. I have even been accused of using a 'fake hand'! go figure!

Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best impromptu ever??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL