The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best impromptu ever??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Marcelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Marcelo
Recap. OMG this is soooo much fun.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
CMH all the way... I have been carrying rubber bands in my wallet for years! Even got to perform it on National TV twice! I'm in Malaysia btw! (So you guys probably wouldn't have seen it... sigh...) Smile

The twisting clasped hand illusion ala David Copperfield also kills 'em! I use to follow it up with the Arm Twisting until that got exposed here... sigh... Smile

I do my own presentation of Finger Fantasies and that's a killer too!

Coins are usually available, so any sleights you know should come in handy! However, like someone said, what makes it good, impromptu or not, is the performer and the performance NOT the trick or the method! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
The trick where you throw the Napkins over the guys head. that's so funny and so much fun to do! They never know what you do until you tell them. Smile
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
90 Posts

Profile of dave s
CMH = Crazy Man's Handcuffs

The routine is written up in great detail in the Magic of Michael Ammar. I'm not positive, but I would assume it is on one of the Dan Harlan Rubber Band videos.

Once you learn the basic move, Jon Allen has some great work on the routine in is Spectators Don't Exist video. The video is great, but it does not explain the most basic "move", so look it up first on one of the Harlan videos or in the Ammar book. Happy hunting.

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Siientx
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Siientx
Triumph. From ellusionist. Smile
"If you want to practice all the time, then you will get good. If you don't want to practice all the time, then you will need a Svengali deck and a pair of large tits to impress the audience." - Jerry
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
Impromptu, hmmmm. I have always had the view that, if you want people to think you are a good magician you always have something prepared but make it look impromptu. e.g. I noticed that one of a group of friends had started smoking some weird cigarillo type thing, craftily noted the brand and then the next few times out always had one of the same brand in my pocket with TT handy. When called upon to perform I just took one of his rare cigarettes, tore it up, restored it, and left even my more magiclly aware friends confused as to how that could be possible. Preparation is everything !!!
Siientx
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Siientx
Toren and Restored Cigerette? Sweet! Smile

By the way..What is TT? I feel so left out! Smile
"If you want to practice all the time, then you will get good. If you don't want to practice all the time, then you will need a Svengali deck and a pair of large tits to impress the audience." - Jerry
eibon
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of eibon
How about Lonnie Chevrie's Finger Thru Bill?

Borrowed bill, never leaves spectator's sight + cool effect.
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
Pinacle is a good effect Smile
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
Coin Magic
Mentalism with just a pen and paper.
Any of Banachek's stuff.
Knepper's material, if you are strong enough.
Twisting are illusion.
A couple good jokes.
There's a book called Lifesavers by Weber and of course, Ency. of Impromptu Magic by Gardner which I regret that I do not own.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
I like to wait for someone to pull a small pocketknife out of their pocket, preferrably one that has a label on only one side, such as "Old Timer" or "Buck" knife. I look at their knife and "fiddle" with it doing the p***** move in D grip. Next thing you know, the label is gone, then on both sides, then gone, then back to normal. Really quick, no more than a minute. With their knife. I've never lost the secret and I've done it many, many times.
I also like to do the effect where they clasp their hands together, point their index fingers up and hold them together. Then the screw and screwdriver bit where the screw screws their index fingers together, etc. You may be familiar with the deal, it's been described before, 'though I know not where.
And the twisting arm...yeah...that one just KILLS.
Fun stuff...all impromptu...all solid.
Patrick
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Gotta go with recap ! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Best impromptu ever??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL