The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » JSB Silk Fountain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PokerMagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of PokerMagic
Does anyone own this? I am thinking of buying this JSB Silk Fountain because it looks real good. Any up to date thoughts would be appreciated.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
I love it!

Small and compact yet plays very big,
ingenious loading method,
JSB quality thinking and implementation.
Go for it, it's the only version that made sense to me.

Magically,
Walt
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
A very quick and pretty version. It really looks magical, due to the sudden appearance of the silk fountain from no-where. Plays better in parlor due to the diamond silks.

A very good method, not the typical method. You must wear a coat.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I've had this for a long time and I use it in all my stage shows. It always gets gasps and I use it to produce a parasol from the silks and then split the parasol. A definite winner.
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
There is a version where a bottle and something else large is produced after the fountain. Is that sold or where is that written up?
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
We had Jay Scott Berry lecture for our Ring 35 in Birmingham, AL last year. He opened his lecture act with his silk fountain. He then produced a wine bottle.

He did not have lecture notes, but did have DVDs. He explained it during the lecture. His site is http://www.jayscottberry.com/

He has a cool way of doing explanations on his DVDs, as he shows everything from all angles and does not say a word. Easy to understand and it breaks the multi-lingual barrier.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I do own the effect but haven't been able to perform it. I am a little on the heavy side, so let's just say I have problems with the sleeve aspect. But it is an absolutely ingenious method and looks great. JSB also lectured for our local ring.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
Revmike,

I see you have doves. Did you buy a larger size jacket? To be able to use your sleeves with doves, etc. you have to buy a larger size jacket and have the sleeves adjusted for proper length. The larger size jacket will also increase the sleeve space.

The other way would be to have a tailor enlarge the sleeve and that would work.

I bought both my regular tux and tail tux larger on purpose for doves, etc.
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Why not just use a silk fountain that is designed to produce a load whether it is a dove or bottle of wine or whatever if there is an issue with body loads?
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
James, I haven't had my sleeves adjusted yet for my dove work. That will happen, but it hasn't yet. When I do so, the Fountain may very well work as well as well as the final bottle production that you can along with the effect.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » JSB Silk Fountain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL