The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Fource (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Anytime someone comps me their material, a gift, if it goes in the act...I send some dough...

Nathan
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
And after the wise one spoke, again a quiet descended on the land.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I wish there were more like all of you! Thanks guys. Just a bit more patience and you will be rewarded.

Breath, Jamie, Breath! You are more fortunate than most. The Fource Will With You!
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
918 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Any more news on this?

BTW noticed that even though it's past the 'buy before the 15th for a pre-order price', outlaw-effects still has that deal running. Guess they've not got round to updating the page... best get it quick ;-)

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I check my email every hour, just hoping The Fource will have been bestowed upon me...

Nathan
dscanning
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of dscanning
How many people do think are gonna buy a pig in a poke? You might or might not be a great magician and thinker, but a marketing genius, you're not.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Thanks Wikipedia!

Nathan
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2185 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I bought Bill's Mind Index on Christopher Taylor's recommendation and liked it very much.
I've ordered this and expect great things.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-09-18 21:00, dscanning wrote:
How many people do think are gonna buy a pig in a poke? You might or might not be a great magician and thinker, but a marketing genius, you're not.

I'm just curious, what post are you referring to? Thanks.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
dscanning
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of dscanning
The Fource
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
The Fource is the topic, we would like to know which specific post you are referring to...
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
I'm fortunate enough to have had an early preview.
The idea behind the Fource is so simple it could be described in one sentence.
Yet - no one has thought of it before.
It takes something you probably already know and stretches it in a fabulous direction.
And - best of all - takes in in directions that you can use to give it real meaning....and that is what the bulk of the manuscript is about - the way it has inspired different folk to give it meaning. And, probably, you'll think of new ideas yourselves.
Will you need to carry props around with you? No. But there will be things you may want to carry.
Will it require a lot of memory work? No. As I say, you probably know it already.
Will it work for close up and stage? Yes.
So, are you telling me this is one of those impromptu miracles you can have always handy, even in a Turkish Bath? Yes.
Is it worth the price? Well, there you go. Have you got Corinda? Have you got Annemann? No? then spend your money on them. But if you have all the standards, I think you'll enjoy reading the ideas here, and, if you perform, there is a high chance you will use at least one of them.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3305 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I'm glad you got your copy and thanks for the teaser, now when are the rest of us getting this
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I am waiting to death, but I truly feel this will be well worth the wait!

Nathan
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2071 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Nice post, Lem.

I submitted a little something or two to Bill to use with this, and do not know if it something that made it into the final draft or not.

And no, Bill...I'm NOT a Deacon. Unfortunately, far from it.
(Inside joke ...has to do with what I sent Bill!)

I, too, am curious to see the other offerings. Knowing who contributed them, I am sure they will be interesting.

I, too, "knew this" but never thought to do ___________ "that way."

Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2008-09-18 21:00, dscanning wrote:

I'll but it, heck I'll buy anything. Honestly though Bill Cushman is a gentle honest soul with a lot of great ideas. He would probably be the first to tell you to not buy this. I'm sure this idea is great just like all his ideas.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Royce K.
View Profile
New user
London
89 Posts

Profile of Royce K.
Maybe today is the day...

Royce K.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
You guys are great! I've avoided this place for three days now and not even one hostile post, PM or email. I stayed away in order to put all my energies into giving you the best possible value for your dollar and making The Fource all it could be.

The Fource is ready to be let out of the bag. I'm taking it off the pre-sale price of $35 dollars at midnight Friday and from that point on it will be $49.95. I will start sending out the many pre-orders Friday.

Let me tell you a few things that have occurred since we were all last together!

First, a huge thank you to Bev is in order. He put up with my whims, technical incompetence and OCD to make the final product incredible. And somewhere found the time to include his own contributions that I know will be well received.

The finalized PDF is a stunning testament to Bev's talents (not to mention patience) and the contributions of so many great people. The list of contributors (in no particular order) is as follows:

1)Larry Becker
2)Greg Arce
3)Alexandre
4)Rick Roth
5)Bryn Reynolds
6)Dominic Twose
7)Jamie Badman
8)Sean Waters
9)Millard Longman
10) Julian “Bev” Moore
11)Jerome Finley
12) Tony Razzano
13) Lior Manor
14) Alain Nu
15) Enrique Enriquez

That is an awesome line-up, I’m sure you’ll all agree. Several more people offered ongoing support and feedback throughout this process that is also much appreciated.

The ebook is 60 pages long. That is quite a change from the 2 pages that started all of this! But it isn’t the length, rather the quality of the contributions that I think makes The Fource so special.

There is a folder included of “Fourceful Images” that will allow you to begin performing some of the wonderful ideas within right out of the gate. Just to be clear, there are just a few effects that can be used with or without the photos. I wanted to include them to make this even more valuable, versatile and user-friendly. Also to stimulate your own creativity.

Enrique Enriquez wrote the foreword but to call it a foreword is a huge understatement. When Enrique offered to lend a hand and asked what I needed, I suggested 1 of 4 possibilities: an essay on the value of presentations that involve the entire audience, an effect of his own involving the entire audience, an effect using The Fource or a foreword.

I didn’t know it until I finished reading what Enrique sent me but clever man that he is, he managed to accomplish all four of my suggestions in one stunning tour de fource! I promise I’ll get the word play out of my system soon. This could have easily been the next entry in his “Invisible” series of ebooks and been called “The Invisible Prism.” I won’t say anymore because I want you to have as close to the experience I did upon first reading this.

There are two sections after Enrique’s “foreword” and the original 2 page “The Fource” manuscript that started all this what seems like so long ago. The first, “Fourceful Presentations,” has over 20 presentations for The Fource.

“Fourceful Presentations” is full of great ideas and insights in how to get the most mileage out of the original idea. By the way there are a couple that are perfect for Halloween which will be here before we know it. A stand out in this area is Jamie Badman’s “Fources From Beyond.” Put the effect aside and this is a chilling story all by itself.

I won’t go into each effect because I am still “hampered” by the original concerns I voiced when I first posted and that Greg Arce and others did there best to communicate without tipping too much. I can say that this section contains everything from intimate close-up mentalism, strolling mentalism, and always ready to go impromptu (even propless) mentalism effects to routines that will play in the largest of venues possible.

Lior’s contribution in this section is a riff on his famous Mobile Opener that I’m still shocked he gave me permission to include. I mention this because if you own his DVD of this routine (and you should) you will already now how versatile and valuable it is and how well Lior makes it play to a huge audience.

Larry Becker has even contributed a way to include 12 Playboy Bunnies in one presentation! If you don’t have your own dozen, I’m sure Larry will lend you his.

There are also effects that will work well for motivational speakers. One of the common themes to almost everything included is the option to make an audience member, and the whole audience, the star.

The second section is “Group Dynamics!” This includes 7 effects that do not use The Fource.

The focus, unsurprisingly, are effects that include your entire audience. Most are directly from the repertoires of pros who have used these presentations to earn their living.

If you have Conversations With Mind Readers, Tony Razzano’s “Pendulum Party” will sound familiar. That’s because Tony was kind enough to allow me to include this without hesitation when I asked him. Imagine taking your whole audience on a guided tour of the possibilities of pendulums!

Alain Nu (remember this is all his “fault”) shares two effects that he used when emceeing and performing for The Comedy Mystery Society. These were designed to bring the whole audience together and to let you gauge who might be best to use as participants later in the show.

This is also where I’ve placed Sublime Subliminal Square, my new take on Subliminal Square that was originally published in Banachek’s Psychological Subtleties 2. Instead of one person experiencing the direct effect of subliminal suggestion, SSS allows you to have the entire audience share in the experience.

OK, this post is already longer than the original manuscript so I think it is time for me to stop! I really wanted this to be something special and I think everyone will appreciate the extra week or so it took to get this where it deserved to be. I want to thank everyone, especially the many who pre-ordered on faith, for your support and patience. I hope you find it as worthwhile an experience as I have.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Nice!

Nathan
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Surprise, through the miracle of international time zones, The Fource will start going out tonight! The pre-sale price will remain on until Friday midnight as promised.

I woke up this morning to a wonderful final PDF but I have to go to work. Arghh.

I'll be back with you all later and start mass emailing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Fource (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.57 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL