The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Fource (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Wow! In the time it took me to type up that post, someone found the secret archive footage, sent it to Rick who posted it, making my day.

Eddie, you're the best. I can't believe you "researched" The Fource and found the lost movie. Truly wonderful.
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
Wow.. whoever 'Eddie' is and if he is the one that did this video.. for the Fource.. I tip my hat, darn clever and a really good editor...

http://web.me.com/edbain/The_Fource/Dr._Bill_Cushman.html

By hte way.. how is the world does he find such movies clips.. a perfect fit.

- Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Thank you, Bill. I actually think the same in reverse; 'The Fource' made MY idea and application tons better/more workable, lots more impressive and I've been using it lately with killer results, so thanks again!

-J
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2008-09-29 09:00, Mystification wrote:
Wow, sounds great. However $50.00 is a lot for an e-book. That will probably keep a lot of people away, which could be a good thing!

Im still on the fence.

$50.00 is a pittance for a miracle spun into different presentations and contributions from Enriquez, Becker, Arce, ALEXANDRE, Roth, Reynolds, Twose, Badman, Waters (Sean's contribution is SO good and from personal experience, really hits people hard), Bev, Longman, Finley, Razzano, Lior, Nu, and the good Dr. himself.

An incredible and underpriced collaborative project.

The only drawback is the analysis paralysis...it's difficult to decide where to begin!

D
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I absolutely agree that this is a Great 'Investment'.Dr.Bill takes an old and very effective psychological premise/effect,and with a stroke of his creative paint brush...a fresh mystery is born.

Add to that the wonderful contributions of some prolific thinkers.IMO this is the type of material that allows a performer to stoke his own creative fire,and come up with a 'unique and entertaining' presentation.Reading the ideas of some of these contributor's is what I like to call 'contageous inspiration'.

In my personal case...this enables me to take something that I have already been performing..and take it to the next level of impossibility and mystery.

Thank-you Dr.Bill

Happy trails.
Rich
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3048 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Since this is a psychological force, am I right to assume that it is not 100%? Or has something been incorporated into it to ensure 100% success?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-10-01 04:58, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Since this is a psychological force, am I right to assume that it is not 100%? Or has something been incorporated into it to ensure 100% success?

It's 100% cool my friend. You'll dig it.

BTW, if you told someone to just think of the names of 4 planets, and you called out 3 of the ones he was thinking of, you would blow them away.
Not 100%, but enough to fry someone.

As mentalists we don't always have to be 100% right to blow people away, in fact, not being 100% is even stronger...

That little bit is only an analogy about percentages as applied to our little art.

Duplicating something that looks like their drawing is stronger than an exact duplication of a drawing.

Fringe
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
So I think we can draw this conclusion from that response--no, it is not 100%.

I agree with what Roth said, not being exactly right can be stronger in some cases.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
It can be 100% but that is not an issue with this effect(s) you'd have to read the book to understand.

As Mystification pointed out, in our craft sometimes 90% can be stronger...
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18312 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I promised myself I wouldnt buy anymore ebooks for a while...

but....saying that...

there's far too many good reviews and contributions by people I like for me not to buy this...special price or not...

so paypal...here I come!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18312 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ah..The Fource is now with me...

Thank you Dr. Bill!
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
Dr. Bill,

The Fource is an exceptional example of how to take a premise that everyone knows and thinks is a bit hackneyed, and turn it into an incredible performance piece.

By looking at this concept from a fresh perspective, you have brought it into the 21st Century.

Kudos!

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thank you all, I really appreciate your feedback. And Rick, the 3 out of 4 planets analogy was very much on target. I just want to add two things, using your analogy as a starting point.

The nature of The Fource is such that you are apparently naming the planets out of a range of THOUSANDS of possibilities. So instead of a solar system, we are working with a universe of choices.

It follows then that when you are correctly naming the planets it is out of a far vaster field than previous methods allowed. A miss, should you get it, is subsequently that much more negligible.

I hope this offers some clarification. To be perfectly honest, until pondering Rick's words, I hadn't yet found a way to express this aspect which goes a lot to explaining the "exponential" impact of The Fource along side it's predecessors. And before I add to any confusion, The Fource has nothing to do with naming planets!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Actually Bill, in a weird way you can use The Fource as a prediction for planets. Think about it.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2008-10-02 20:18, Greg Arce wrote:
Actually Bill, in a weird way you can use The Fource as a prediction for planets. Think about it.

Greg

Not weird at all IMO,and there are many other interesting possibilities.

Rich
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I know guys, I just feared creating the least bit more confusion. I wanted everyone to keep in mind the purpose of the analogy rather than get lost in it. We have all seen threads get get derailed by less than that!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Wow....you can predict planets, huh...

Nathan
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
See what I mean Smile?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-10-02 20:18, Greg Arce wrote:

Greg

Greg is correct...
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Yes Planets...or even various Outlaw wallets. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Fource (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL