The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » College Student Magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devts
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Devts
Where to begin?

I was first introduced to magic at a friend's birthday party. I was about seven at the time. He did so many things that amazed me, especially levitating one of the kids! Excited, I went to my local magic shop and decided to begin to learn how to perform.

Sadly, being so young, and not having the money needed for the hobby, I soon stopped. Fast forward about nine years and I had another experience. This time a friend of mine was performing a few self-working tricks. They weren't all that impressive, I figured out a few of them, but I still wanted to bring that experience to others if I could. I then went to my local library, picked up a book on card magic, and starting practicing. The rest is history.

Right now (about two years later) I just got my first paid walk-around! I have done a lot of magic for students at my college, and for some faculty. The people in charged liked what I did and asked me to do some stuff in the Caféteria. I'm extremely excited for this opportunity (it'll happen early Nov.), but as you all know I'm also slightly nervous.

I'm also about to perform my first live stage show in Dec. at a local coffee shop. I've put together a great selection of effects, everything from Torn and Restored Newspaper to Spike. I hope that after these experiences I'll have enough knowledge to start performing for real.

As for the Magic Café, thank you for being a great source of help for all magicians!
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Welcome to the Magic Café

what kind of audience do you expect at your first show? size? age range?

I'm intrigued as we have about 200 coffee shops here
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hello, I'm Justin Style. Welcome to the Café!
Devts
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Devts
Quote:
On 2008-09-09 09:36, themagiciansapprentice wrote:
Welcome to the Magic Café

what kind of audience do you expect at your first show? size? age range?

I'm intrigued as we have about 200 coffee shops here

If only half the people who told me they were "definitly going to be there" show up, probally about 50.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Welcome to the Café, Devts! The key to being ready, as I am sure you already know, is practice! Practice! Practice! And then rehearse! Rehearse! Rehearse!
Good luck!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
CamisBoss
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of CamisBoss
Welcome! I'm a college student as well!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Hello and welcome to the café.
We are all students here (even the seasoned professors) since Magic is an art where there is no end to learning.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » College Student Magician (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL