The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Theatre, DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Anyone watched the DVD "Street Theatre" yet? I see my name on the list of performers: http://www.magicproshop.com/street-theatre-dvd-p-4904.html Does anyone have any comments about my performance on the DVD?
acephale
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of acephale
I'll check again, but I honestly don't remember seeing you on there.

It's a good dvd, just remember that most (if not all) the performances are from festivals, and I'm willing to bet 90% of those acts haven't worked outside of the festival circuit in years.
Mr Amazeo
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazeo
I'm looking at the video right now. The guy on the video is Mike Bonnici - a juggler.

These acts seem to me to be authentic street shows. I'm not so sure they are just festival acts, but I could be wrong about that.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Dynamike, just goes to show; you´re fanous EVERYWHERE,.. except at home. Geeze, over here we´re ALL talking about ya!!

hey all the best friend,
gallagher

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 8:11am
Acephale,.... man, you brought up a really big point for me. Festival Performers/Shows,..... Street Performers/Shows. I don´t say `vs.´ I respect both. But, as a Street Artist, on `the everyday street´,.. scratching it out with `the day-in,-the day-out´ kind of folks,... it does rub me when a Festival Player explains to me `the world order´.

I know, at the top of The Sidewalk Shuffle Forum, there is a big discussing over Street Performing vs. Street Magic. I´m not looking for such a discussion,... but maybe a little respect, a little recognition, a little `nod of the head´,... for the boys out there playing `the day to day´. Guys out there making a show, a `happening´,... where before NOTHING was whistling!!!

gallagher
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
On that dvd they make the distinction between what they do and a street performer.

they say that they are festival workers and that street performers would build a crowd on any street any where with out a function going on.

gazzo is on there and some others that I know could and do frequently work the streets.

I loved that dvd and learned huge from it but I don´t know there may be some who didn´t like it as moch as me.

this is a great post and I loved everyones comments because I always thought it was a subtle but important thing to notice the difference. because if you learn to street perform at festivals and then try and go out to some street, you will have a huge chunk of reality thrown at you when you notice no one is interested in watching you. you will have to start almost from scratch learning how to stop people who didn´t walk by there to see shows today.

I think though I definately want to spend my future doing festivals and am now working towards that future, because that is a great life and full of appreciation of your work and filled with hard work and rewards....right up my alley for a good time.

i´m babbling.

good lock mike, all the best thanks for getting my book and I hope it helps.
acephale
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of acephale
Jimmy, I don't think anyone was slamming the movie. I watch it a lot, and like you pulled a lot from it, but no one ever mentions that it's nearly all filmed at festivals. I remember the first time I watched it making it 3/4 of the way through and going, "WTF?"

And yes, Gazzo is on it, (I said 90%), but he's on there saying that he thinks that festivals have kind of marred street performing. If I remember the scene correctly, he says something along the lines of, "I wish an organizer would do a festival where there was no amps and no stages, because I'd be the king of that festival."

So I wasn't saying it was a crap movie, I was saying it's different than why Dynamike might pick it up, (and the fact I didn't see him on there.)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-09-10 15:40, jimmy talksalot wrote:
good lock mike, all the best thanks for getting my book and I hope it helps.

Why are you thanking me? I should be thanking you for bringing your wonderful book up to me. The price was a steal. If I wrote and sold a book like yours I would of charged the street busker only 1% of what he/she learned and made from street busking. I would be a millionaire by now.
Quote:
On 2008-09-10 07:56, gallagher wrote:
Hey Dynamike, just goes to show; you´re fanous EVERYWHERE,.. except at home. Geeze, over here we´re ALL talking about ya!!

hey all the best friend,
gallagher

Thanks for all the help you given to me. If it wasn't for you, I do not know where I would be right now.
Quote:
On 2008-09-09 20:38, Mr Amazeo wrote:
I'm looking at the video right now. The guy on the video is Mike Bonnici - a juggler.

He is a description of the DVD:
"Some of the world's best Buskers are filmed live on the streets for this action packed documentary. Mixing raw street performance and up-close interviews the film spotlights Alakazam, Jeff Collins, The laming Butterflies, Gazzo, The Coadster, Silver Elvis, Taxi Trix Chalkmaster Dave, The Silly People, Michael O'Niel, The Jim Show, Master Lee, Bernadette et Rita, DynaMike, Stitch, Trulee Odd, Aytahn, The Cowguys, Jeff Hill, Aidan Orange, Daisy and Derrick, and the Fire Guy.

Witness, first hand, the secrets of successful Buskers on the world stage and hone your skills.

Running Time 100 minutes"

I see my name on there. Are you saying it is not me, a different Dynamike?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
No, it's not you. But you already knew that, right? Unless you used to be a torch juggling, unicycle riding white guy in Canada. That would be pretty hard to forget, don't you think? Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-09-10 23:24, Dave V wrote:
No, it's not you. But you already knew that, right?

Yea, you are right.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Nice call, Dave... Oh! How I LAUGHED!

:)

DCB
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1168 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey, Mike... I saw the Photo... We´ve got to talk about ONE trick in particular!!! Come on, man, stop holding back!! Let us in on the method!! I won´t tell a soul!!!! Promise!!! Hey, maybe we could trade?!? I´ll let `cha in on my Top Secret Snuckle-Duckle Color Changing Tooth Brush Routine...it KILLS! And you send me a DVD........or?
All the best,
gallagher
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Gallagher, you should write a book on comedy. Every one of your posts makes me laugh. Thanks, man.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Wow, Mike!!
You are one versatile guy.
Magician, juggler, unicyclist and master of disguise, too.
I'm impressed. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You forgot to include "member of The Magic Café."
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Acephale,

Wow, no, I didn't think anybody was slamming it. I was just saying I´m sure there are those who may not of liked it, but I understand you and me got a lot out of it.

And, I especially have enjoyed all your posts that I have read for awhile.

No, sometimes I just go on stupid tangits or ramble on.....talksalot, y´know.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Hey...is this the Peter Shatalow production?
Sadly, Michael O'Niel died.
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

How many magicians are on it? It's listed under juggling on other sites...
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Only one or two. You buy this for the "behind the scenes" look at street performing, not what they do. And yes, this is the Peter Shatalow video.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
443 Posts

1998? Smile
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The DVD that I have is dated © 2005

http://www.shatalow.com/streettheatre.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Theatre, DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL