The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fat Bodies! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
This is the official thread for those of use carrying a few extra kilos/pounds/stone.

I used to way 110kg and got down to 82. But this year I had a bit of an injury that's pushed me up to 92kg.

I want to lose that 10kg by Christmas.

As a part of that process, I'm going to post my progress here on the Café. Nothing like 35,000 cynical magicians to light a fire under you!

If you want to join me, just post your starting weight and we can support one another.

Day One: 92.3kg.

Whose in?
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
80kg or 176 pounds for our American brethren.

I also want to take another 10kg off - I eat very sensibly - main problem is physical laziness - love pushbiking but need to make time to do it every day.

Apparently Aussies are now not only the richest per capita citizens of the world but also the fattest - we magicians will lead the fitness revolution Nicholas!

Destiny
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I know the feeling destiny. I live 200m from my gym and yet I only make it 50% of the time I say I'll go!

BTW - If I don't post here at least once a week, please feel free to send my abusive PMs!
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
211pds (96kg)...I'm also only 5'6". I'm hitting the gym and eating better as well. I've also recently quit smoking....14 weeks baby! Last time I was at 211I worked at it for a good 8-9 months and got down to 191 (86kgs) and I was pretty ripped up and lean. I must just be dense(insert drum pun here) though because that's still a heavy weight for the vertically challeged. I shall post some progress here as well
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I've been in since the 6th of May. On 6 may 2008 I weighed 209 lbs, right now I weigh 168. I'm going all the way down to 159 then I will add some weight in muscle.

Good Luck, it's not that hard to do. You should EASILY be able to lose 10k by Christmas. Start by doing something (exercise) everyday, it dosen't really mater what, just do SOMETHING everyday and stick to it. You can't miss.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
26 stone. But I started out 36 stone. Goal is 17 stone.

And no, I don't usually use 'stone' as a measurement. It just sounds so much better than using pounds. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Airship, losing 10 stone sounds good no matter what measurement you use.

That really would have taken persistene and hard work.

Destiny
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I would just like to encourage you all to do the right thing! Good luck, I know you can and will do it. If you ever need any fitness, exercise or nutrition tips please feel free to ask. I'll do what ever I can to help share what I know about getting in shape.

One thing I would say is NOT to put a timeline on losing weight. ie, by Christmas. It's good to have goals but just let it happen naturally, through diet and exercise. By putting a timeline on something can work against you psychologically because once the date comes you can subconsciously think that you have reached and met your goal. Thus you will be more susceptible to stop all the work you put into reaching your goal. Just change your way of thinking and make it a way of life. Don't become a scale watcher. Get rid of the scale or use it once a month but not all the time.

Remember, You are only human, so if you miss a day here and there don't beat yourself up. What, are you training for the Olympics? NO. you just want to become healthier, so relax. Listen to your body.

Start out slowly. You MUST stretch!!! If you don't you will hurt yourself, so learn some simple stretches and do them before AND after.

I would also recommend wearing a heart rate monitor. You can get a good one for less than 50 dollars. I NEVER work out without mine. It's good because you can find out your heart rate fat burning zone. Then you can stay there for optimal results. Being out of it on either end can be a bad thing.

Here are some foods to quit right now for immediate weight loss.

Cut out:

Sugar and high fructose foods.
White bread, pasta, etc.
Cheese
Soda or any carbonated beverage
Booze, beer, wine, etc.

Avoid at all cost:

Partially Hydroginated oils
Carageenan

Drink more water. I know you are NOT drinking enough, so drink up. Water can and will help you lose weight.

Look up the following for nutrition information:

Dr. Andrew Weil

Gary Null

I’m sorry I don’t have their links but they both have web sites and you can sign up for their daily news letter.

Good luck and congratulations for taking care of yourself!

And a big shout out to Vandy for doing a great job! You have some good advice!
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
January 25th was my starting date. I was 212 (96.2kg/15.1 Stone). Started eating right and exercising regularly and am currently at 179 (81.2kg/12.8 Stone); I'm 5'10". My goal is 170 (77.1kg/12.1 Stone) and I should be there in about 2 months.
Coram Deo
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Here's Dr. Weil's web site.

Check him out and get his daily newsletter.

http://www.drweil.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-09-10 14:27, Steven Steele wrote:
January 25th was my starting date. I was 212 (96.2kg/15.1 Stone). Started eating right and exercising regularly and am currently at 179 (81.2kg/12.8 Stone); I'm 5'10". My goal is 170 (77.1kg/12.1 Stone) and I should be there in about 2 months.

Well done. It's nice huh?

I never really know how to take it when I get complimented for losing weight. Fact is, I should have never gotten that big in the first place. But it is good to know that you CAN change your body, you don't have to be disgusted with yourself. It CAN be done, but noone can do it for you.

Best of luck to anyone who gives it go. If you fall, get back up.

P.S. Airship, keep it up. That's good work.
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Some great stories guys...success and continued success is inspirational
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
I lost 35 pounds in three and a half months a few years ago- and I've kept it off, too. I already walked about a mile to work daily, and went on the South Beach Diet. It focuses on eliminating quickly digestible carbohydrates, which stabalizes your blood sugar level- end result, you don't get so hungry all the time. The first two weeks were the toughest- I never realized how much I could crave bread, but almost all carbs are forbidden during that time. After that, I discovered that certain breads are on the second phase list- and since I love rye, I was very happy. It didn't even feel like a diet.

Oops- it's time for me to go take my lunchtime walk- since I switched jobs, I need to make some additional effort to keep up with my exercise.

-Erik
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I liked the old thread title better. If you would ever see my diet and exercise journal you would see that I use terms like that, and much worse, to motivate myself all the time. lol!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
First off I think the BMI or "ideal weight" based on height and gender is complete rubbish. Instead of weight judge by taking measurements (belly, hips, & chest). Most diets show weight results early for the following reasons; lower sodium intake keeps you from retaining water and less food = less crap. Try to choose foods that make you feel satiated over a longer period of time. Oatmeal, fish, soups (not cream), raw nuts, eggs and quality cuts of meat work well for me. Don't forget your veggies. Be wary of fruit juices as they are over portioned; on average it takes two oranges to squeeze a cup of juice. Instead eat one orange and drink a glass of water.
Nicholas, I was looking at your webpage, in your pictures you don't look like a 92 kilo man, I'd guess 81/82. Either, you carry it evenly or your press material needs to be updated. Happy Slimming.
POOF!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-09-10 15:52, kregg wrote:
Nicholas, I was looking at your webpage, in your pictures you don't look like a 92 kilo man, I'd guess 81/82. Either, you carry it evenly or your press material needs to be updated.

That's true. In the pics on the new site you don't look overweight at all. Not at all.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
The pics are less then two months old so thanks.

It's more about physical wellbeing and health then it is about look hot with my shirt off!

I've lost the weight before but it's hard to KEEP it off!
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
Quote:
On 2008-09-10 18:39, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
The pics are less then two months old so thanks.

It's more about physical wellbeing and health then it is about look hot with my shirt off!

I've lost the weight before but it's hard to KEEP it off!

Meh - not for me. I've got muscle enough to loan out. I just wanna look good naked:)
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Post some pics and we'll tell you what we think.

:)
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I'm with MAK, it's better to look good than to feel good. lol!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Fat Bodies! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL