The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Throwing Technique for Throw Streamer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
What is a better way to throw the throw streamer? I see Jeff McBride throwing it and retrieving it again. I also see some just throwing it.
Another problem I encounter is when I steal the throw streamer and break it open, I'm sometimes not sure whether it will fully open up or not before throwing it.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Hello Lou,

I have the same problem too! Whenever I steal the throw-streamer, it is always not in "the" position to break the seal and throw. Hope you get what I mean. My English is not very good.

Kenny
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Search for related threads here on the Café. A lot of great info has been written on this issue. Good luck!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I seem to always have problems too. Lately I've been breaking them open, then reattaching the paper with a small piece of blue "sticky-tack". This seems to work better. And always throw them underhanded.

Jim
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Surprisingly, Underhanded hardly works for me...I do mine over hand, Over head. This way, the streamers fly straight out and form a nice shower effect.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I've had the same problem. I e-mailed the company (Seo Magic) who concieves them and they send me the instructions per mail.
Anyway it'll take some time to get it work correctly. So buy an extra pack for training.

Oliver.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Lou, contact Seo magic or visit the UGM website and get the SweetFlash throw streamers. They're cheaper and much better for practice throws. Get a few and jus pranctice throwing the streamers. I'm sure u'll get a hang of it
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Kyle, Seo did demonstrate how to throw them. I see him in practically all the conventions I attend.
My question is: Is it better to throw and retrieve the streamers (ala Jeff McBride)or just throw towards the audience?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
As for throwing the streamers, you need the space for it to open up. It is recommended that the streamers' flight should be upwards so that as they have time to open up as they come down. It does not matter whether it is an upper or under handed throw.

As to releasing the streamers it would be better to open up the pack and modify it a little (and then re-attach it back) so it is easy to open with one hand without any fumbling of any kind.

As to throwing and pulling the streamers back, it is a matter of personal presentation choice. A pull back action is ideal when you need it for a steal to produce something from the streamers when you gather them back into your hands.

FYI I use the kabuki streamers and it is the large one.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Lou, in my opinion, I like to stick to pulling it back. I remember when I was much younger, a magician launching throw streamers, and I fell in love with it. I was right at the front of the stage and I saw the streamers flying straight for me...Suddenly, just as the tip of the streamer was about to touch me, they recoiled back to his had. To me, I felt it was a beautiful sight. Hope this would help you make a better decision Mr Hilario!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I don't get a chance to pull mine back. I do mostly kid shows, and by the time the streamers reach the kid's heads, they have hold of them and are off running!

Jim
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I always pull them back.

I use the viking streamers for stage and the cheap ones from MAK for smaller shows.

I usually have them already opened and modified for a perfect throw with no pausing to open them.
-Matt
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Hey there, does any one know how to get a hold of Dave Cressey? I have his aol email but it doesn't work. Thanks. Dimmare
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Hello thelestat,

Are you James Dimmare(The wonderful dove act performer)?
Man, you are my idol! I love you! Keep up the good work man.
I hope to see you in Malaysia again performing your dove act!

(YES, off topic I know! Lol)

Kenny
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Dimmare, is this the email (davecressey@aol.com) you are trying to get Dave Cressey? We use this email too.
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Quote:
On 2008-10-03 10:23, JamesTong wrote:
Dimmare, is this the email (davecressey@aol.com) you are trying to get Dave Cressey? We use this email too.

Hi this was kicked back to me not working?? Thanks
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I have also found that the ones from India pictured below to be good if you don't need to fill up a large area, they are good for small rooms.

https://www.e-zmagic.com/catalog/ProductImages/9415.jpg
-Matt
thelestat
View Profile
New user
Vegas
48 Posts

Profile of thelestat
Quote:
On 2008-10-03 09:28, T.G Kenny wrote:
Hello thelestat,

Are you James Dimmare(The wonderful dove act performer)?
Man, you are my idol! I love you! Keep up the good work man.
I hope to see you in Malaysia again performing your dove act!

(YES, off topic I know! Lol)

Kenny

Quote:
On 2008-10-05 16:31, Matthew W wrote:
I have also found that the ones from India pictured below to be good if you don't need to fill up a large area, they are good for small rooms.

Help...After 2 weeks they finally sent me some of their Mylar throw streamers. They don't return phone calls and they don't answer email. Anybody have a source on these they are made in India. This company really sucks....DIMMARE

Thank you Very Much

Quote:
On 2008-10-05 16:31, Matthew W wrote:

Help...After 2 weeks they finally sent me some of their Mylar throw streamers. They don't return phone calls and they don't answer email. Anybody have a source on these they are made in India. This company really sucks....DIMMARE
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
Welcome to the café James Dimmare!

Regards my Friend

Paulo Cabrita
Portugal
magiquemaker
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of magiquemaker
Wow the only and only maniac of magic...YOU ROCK dude.

Yo I like booze and loose women too James.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Throwing Technique for Throw Streamer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL