The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » A horrible idea for hypnotism.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
I recieved an email this morning trying to sell me hypnotic techniques. I was shocked by the applications this company was using to sell their produc. Here is the email .....

If you want to convince people to do whatever you ask, then...
"Who Else Wants To Discover A
Rebel Psychiatrist's Amazing Secret
That Lets You Put People Under Your
Spell Quickly and Easily ... and Get
Them to Do Anything You Want?"

Now you can unleash your natural ability to...

Get clients and customers to happily buy more
Compel colleagues to do what you suggest
Keep your lover(s) eternally loyal
And best of all,
they will thank you for the opportunity
to do as you say.
"A Breathtaking Course"

Click Here to Find Out More!

I'm not sure that this seems right but then what do I know.
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Unleash your natural ability to...

And best of all,
to do as you say.
"A Breathtaking Course"

[/quote]

Great. How much? Is it guaranteed.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-09-14 11:02, Daniel Nicholls wrote:
I recieved an email this morning trying to sell me hypnotic techniques. I was shocked by the applications this company was using to sell their produc. Here is the email .....

If you want to convince people to do whatever you ask, then...
"Who Else Wants To Discover A
Rebel Psychiatrist's Amazing Secret
That Lets You Put People Under Your
Spell Quickly and Easily ... and Get
Them to Do Anything You Want?"

Now you can unleash your natural ability to...

And best of all,
to do as you say.
"A Breathtaking Course"

Click Here to Find Out More!

I'm not sure that this seems right but then what do I know.

I share your outrage, welcome to my island.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
It sounds like a good idea to me

Where do I sign up....
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Actually, it is the text from Igor's ad. For his course "COnversational Hypnosis"
Which in my opinion, is a great course inb pure Eriksonian technique, with marketing hyperbole that deos not match its content.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
What makes you say that Richard have you tried to use it to do any of the above things?
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
My customers were already happy to buy more and my lovers lyal and swooning over me, before I got the course....
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

It doesn't matter how great the course material is the act of the matter is that the way it is being sold and the reasons that they use for aquiring the techniques are completley unacceptable in my opinion.

Anyone who uses hypnotism to take away the free will of others should not be aloud to practise it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well it is not possible to take away free will from anyone via hypnotism, but lets not quibble LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-14 20:28, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well it is not possible to take away free will from anyone via hypnotism, but lets not quibble LOL.

Well alright I'll give you that one lol. I'm sorry if people think I'm wrong on this one but I don't agree with the sales pitch these guys are using.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I agree with you the sales pitch sucks...
In fact, I think it odd that it is actually a good course, with rather crappy and over-the-top language. I am not sure though (it could go either way) if the text was actually written by the guy who does the course. I think it is sold by ALOT of affiliate marketers through click-bank....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes bad sales pitch, but no worse really than the magic courses which promise instant riches.

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. I think you are right, but the industry is innundated with this sort of crap all the time. Magic shops biggest sale item is dreams. I have said that for years.

Do not make the mistake some often do by lumping all into one basket of crap. For example Richard has a wide variety of very wonderful materials, with no such problems.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
The first time I came across a webpage with that ad copy I immediately had a kneejerk reaction that put Igor and anything associated with him in the same category as the black ops and underground hypnosis crap that is nothing but hype and bait and switch junk. It wasn't until I had a conversation with a good friend whose opinion I trust who told me he found Igor's course to be very good (and this guy buys a lot of courses and has a solid foundation from which to judge them). Evidently the marketing is Clifford Mee's and is indeed high pressure hype and switch (I am told he has occassionally taken other hypnotist's videos and edited them to include the course webpage as well so other hypnotists are used to market the material without permission). While my opinion of the course may be revised, the marketing strategy still leaves a bad smell in my olfactory glands.

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
http://www.briandavidphillips.com
C.W.G.
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of C.W.G.
Why this is JUST what I've been looking for!!

Now I can fullfil my plans to take over the world!

Buying from a guy with a name like Igor, who is peddling crap like this.... You cant lose. As they say in penguin ADD TO CART!!! (if your a complete moran that is)
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Ive heard good things about Igor..

Thing is this site has been up for ages so my guess is that it is selling very well. This type of copywriting does work even for big ticket priced items. And it works with many even sophisticated products.

I know someone who just sold out a workshop @ £1500 a head 50-places this month. And sold out 100 places on another course @ £199.

Very respectable professionals bought into her course she also sold out her mentoring package 15 places @ £7k each. With the same style of copywriting...

And everyone raves about her programmes. And feel they get good value.

As Richard says he already has the abilities the programme is offering so perhaps it possible?

On a serious note I would be very interested to know how many are being sold. Our own judgement is not always the best decider whether something is good or bad.

Probably anyone who buys the programme would be happy with it..

I think also being involved in magic/mentalism we have a high probability of being ripped off a few times so perhaps we are sceptical than most..
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
I have to chime in here. I, too, dislike the marketing used for Igor's courses, but the course itself is excellent. I bought it and thoroughly enjoyed it, and it contained a wealth of information, taught very very well. I'd say more about it, but I've gotta leave to go to the RenFest right now.

Also, Clifford Mee, not Igor, is the one in charge of the marketing. I'm not entirely sure why, as Igor can write the copy probably better than Clifford can. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Two thoughts.

My first one is that if you are happy with the course and feel you have been treated fairly in the transaction, really this is all that can be acomplished. That is a good thing.

Second, can't hide behind "someone else did the marketing". It is still his name so it is still his baby.

I am happy to hear you were happy with the course.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
Not going to try to argue with you, Danny, but ... please note I did say I dislike the marketing. Smile And you're right, he's got his name on it, so he's associated with it. Then again, it does work for a lot of people, and that sort of sales letter is fairly standard in the internet marketing world. And the reason it's fairly standard is because ... it works.

Shorter, more straightforward stuff also works, but isn't used as much. Which I think is a shame, as it's more consumer-friendly.

Now, one thing about Clifford Mee ... I wasn't too happy with one part of the transaction. Also included is a trial membership to the masterclass/forum program. Automatically recurring and part of the affiliate program. When it was time for the paid membership to begin, the membership was canceled by Clifford, then an email arrived offering a direct payment at a discount, bypassing Clickbank (thus bypassing the affiliate).

That was not ethical. I didn't mention it or complain about it at the time, but I should have, in retrospect.

The stuff associated directly and only with Igor is good, while the stuff with Mee isn't as great, and is sometimes questionable. Such is life sometimes, though. All depends on what is more important to you: getting the info or not supporting questionable marketing.

Joshua
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20983 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-09-21 22:35, silverfire9 wrote:
Not going to try to argue with you, Danny, but ... please note I did say I dislike the marketing. Smile And you're right, he's got his name on it, so he's associated with it. Then again, it does work for a lot of people, and that sort of sales letter is fairly standard in the internet marketing world. And the reason it's fairly standard is because ... it works.

Shorter, more straightforward stuff also works, but isn't used as much. Which I think is a shame, as it's more consumer-friendly.

Now, one thing about Clifford Mee ... I wasn't too happy with one part of the transaction. Also included is a trial membership to the masterclass/forum program. Automatically recurring and part of the affiliate program. When it was time for the paid membership to begin, the membership was canceled by Clifford, then an email arrived offering a direct payment at a discount, bypassing Clickbank (thus bypassing the affiliate).

That was not ethical. I didn't mention it or complain about it at the time, but I should have, in retrospect.

The stuff associated directly and only with Igor is good, while the stuff with Mee isn't as great, and is sometimes questionable. Such is life sometimes, though. All depends on what is more important to you: getting the info or not supporting questionable marketing.

Joshua

Oh man no I wasn't trying to argue. I was pointing out that since YOU the customer was happy, that is all that can be asked of a product. End user satisfaction.

Sorry if I was not clear.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Why should anyone worry about being thought of as someone who likes or dislikes the marketing. If you bought it - it worked.

Its a FACT that those long winded sales leters outpull shorter ones by a huge majority.

I don't see a problem with it. In fact when its done well I love those marketing letters and really admire the talent that goes into writing them.

I only wish I had that talent.

As for arguing? Ok lets argue it pases time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » A horrible idea for hypnotism.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL