We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » You're not going to believe this. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Now hey, we're talking about `the streets',... where anything AND everything happens,.. (bless them),.. so, try to imagine THIS. I'm in Stuttgart right now, the streets are nice,.. a bit quiet. No festival. The way I like it. Only a few acts. No pressure,.. no stress. On one plaza, there is a bit of a crowd. A `statue'. Hmm, surprising. In Germany, no one really looks at `em anymore. I look a little bit closer,.. gosh, hopefully my wife doesn't catch ME,.. watching `a statue'!,.. I'll never hear the end of it! But you know, this one ain't bad! A `Golden Roman'. Sitting. Eyes open.,.. and man,.. he don't blink! Wow.,.. Art,... cmm,.. sorry.
He gets a drop. No movement. Hmm,.. a `stiff show', eh. That's new. Another drop. Another drop. OK, I admitt,.. I envious. The crowd disperses a bit. I walk closer. Gosh, this guy don't move a bit,.. not A BLINK! Closer. Closer. I walk behind him. Not a blink. I tap his shoulder, "Can I play the spot latter?" (I'm a basturd at heart.) My eyes pop!,... IT IS A STATUE!!!! A Skulptur, made a statue of a guy being a statue! I knows that sounds crazy!, but...

Tomorrow, I'll take the time, to figure out how to submit a Photo in the Café,.. I'll get it up. `Till then, you'll just have to believe it!

please don't tell my wife,
gallagher
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
LOL. I can't wait to see it.

Maybe I should get one made like that and leave it on the street. I will come beck each hour for collection. Smile

Thanks for sharing buddy.

We promise we won't tell your wife Gallagher.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Mike,.. when I saw `the Statue',.. YOU WERE the first person I thought of!! "***!", I thought, "Mike's at it AGAIN! A new idea! And ON my turf!!"

It's nice to know, it wasn't you Mike.

gallagher
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Smile Smile Smile
Thanks Gallagher.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
That's hilarious. Gotta see the pic now.
Airave
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
137 Posts

Profile of Airave
Lol, that is an idea we could franchise! ;D
acephale
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of acephale
It took me a moment to remember where I'd seen this. Urban Prankster (great blog btw) did a story on a guy (Mark Jenkins) who did a similar sculpture in Barcelona back in July. click here. They have a youtube vid, pics, and a link to his site. The comments show we're not alone in our feelings towards the statues.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 15:34, Dynamike wrote:
LOL. I can't wait to see it.

Maybe I should get one made like that and leave it on the street. I will come beck each hour for collection. Smile

Thanks for sharing buddy.

We promise we won't tell your wife Gallagher.

You expect to come back in an hour, in Detroit, and find money still there (let alone the statue still being there)??!!!
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
At least that would be a better method of giving to the poor besides being Robin Hood.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Quote:
On 2008-09-17 20:54, acephale wrote:
It took me a moment to remember where I'd seen this. Urban Prankster (great blog btw) did a story on a guy (Mark Jenkins) who did a similar sculpture in Barcelona back in July. click here. They have a youtube vid, pics, and a link to his site. The comments show we're not alone in our feelings towards the statues.

The video was beautiful. Especially the last part where the guy pats him on the back and says something in his ear and then realizes it's a real statue and then gets a great laugh. Beautiful.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hi Folks,... sorry I let you hang a day before getting the Photos up. It's was nice weather, I was playing. (And my son had no time to show me how to work the computer,.. I'm an artist,....)

Anyway, here you go. Two shots of `the Scuplture',.. and three to let you see I WASN`T THE ONLY ONE SUCKERED!!!

`The Statue' is in front of the Stuttgart Museum of Modern Art. It's their `joke' on the everyday folks. Seems they're a bit ****ed that `Statues' get `drops', but everyday folks aren't willing to pay 8 bucks to see an exhibit. Hey, we buskers know how it is: You've got to go to the people!

Anyway, the artist did a great job. A couple tricks really make it look real. First, the eyes are just slightly crossed. While looking at the face, you don't realize this, and you swear his eyes just moved. Because you concentrate on one eye at a time. Secondly, the money bucket. The Museum Director told me, "Money makes things `human'. (hmm, that's a philosoph!)

OK, I'll go. Hope the pictures come up. If not, I'll ring my sons neck. And if you see one of these statues tomorrow in Detroit,.... hey Mike, I want 10%!!

All the best,
gallagher
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Sorry, as you see the Photos didn't come up. What am I,.. is my son doing wrong?!? Too many Bits, or what? Any suggestions? HELP!, if not for me,... think of my son!

gallagher.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-09-19 16:28, gallagher wrote:

OK, I'll go. Hope the pictures come up. If not, I'll ring my sons neck. And if you see one of these statues tomorrow in Detroit,.... hey Mike, I want 10%!!

All the best,
gallagher

I rather give you 60% to help pay you back a small portion of all the support you have given me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » You're not going to believe this. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL