The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Hey Guys- Great Ministry News! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
As everyone knows, I attend U. of South Florida for Religious Studies and I am involved with the Baptist Collegiate Ministries there as an intern and Vice President with intentions to go to seminary after college to continue college ministry (probably become a BCM director) or become a military chaplain. Well, the school newspaper interviewed me (and 7 other students [divided between student ministries such as BCM, Catholic Student Center, Hillel Jewish Center, Muslim Student Assoc. and Chi Alpha/Crosswinds] plus a few adults that led those orgs.) on Thursday and it was published today as well as posted online. Somehow, my info took up a good chunk of the article. Here is the article online: http://usforacle.com/more_students_seek_......inisters . There's a few of my statements a little jumbled, but still get the point across. This article opened a fewd orrs by th end of the day to talk with others and I can't wait to see where else it takes me as approx. 30,000 students read The Oracle out of 45,000 USF Students. Go Bulls (#12)!!!
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Hi Matt, very nice article. It was well written and really expressed your faith and commitment to GOD. And way to go to send out the message of the Gospel through Magic.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Thanks Rodney! God is Great!

(btw, " a fewd orrs by th end" should read a few doors by the end)
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
Hearttau
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey: Exit 15 E
423 Posts

Profile of Hearttau
Good for you Matt. You really made your desire to serve God clear and explained the heart and purpose of being a Christian magician.

Dave
Lentidigitator: “A magic artist who performs slow motion magic”... Rene Lavand

"Peace and all good"... St. Francis

"Hold on to your joy!"... Me Smile

http://mysite.verizon.net/hearttau/
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Be sure to send a copy to Steve Varro at the FCM Museum. We need to "document" articles like this.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
What's his email or address....I can send him a physical printed newspaper copy or the e-version.

Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Very cool Matt! Keep spreadin the word as much as you can!
Gene "Oz" Oswald
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Gene
Great article Matt!

We always need POSITIVE reports on what people choose to do with their lives..

God bless
magicoftomh
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, Ohio
3664 Posts

Profile of magicoftomh
That's a great article, Matt. You expressed your relationship with God very well, and really gave testimony to the Oracle readers. I am also impressed with the way the article was written by the reporter. Nice job, everyone!
Here's hoping everything you do hits the BULLSEYE!

Tom Hornikel
http://tjhornikel.cjb.net
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Quote:
On 2008-09-21 16:45, magicoftomh wrote:
I am also impressed with the way the article was written by the reporter. Nice job, everyone!

What strikes me as cool is that the article was written by a Muslim Girl. I was able to perform some evangelistic magic for her and she seemed interested in hearing more later.

magicoftomh
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, Ohio
3664 Posts

Profile of magicoftomh
One at a time, my friend.
Here's hoping everything you do hits the BULLSEYE!

Tom Hornikel
http://tjhornikel.cjb.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Hey Guys- Great Ministry News! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL