The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » EXTREME BURN: Can you hand out the money to spectators? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
EXTREME BURN: Can you hand out the money to spectators?

I don't have this effect yet, nor am I very familiar with paper money illusions. So Questions:

In the advertisement video, the money looks a little "thick" and gimmicky to me. So if you are unable to have the specs handle it and check it out, what do you say if they want to see it?
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
"Can you hand out the money to spectators?"

Yes and no. Without going into detail, you can hand bills to spectators for them to examine if you choose to do so.

Click here for a great thread on the subject of curious spectators, and click here for a post that Jaxon made awhile ago.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Thanks for the links. Will check them out.

For cards and hecklers, I use the Scarne method. These are the points:

1. At first, ignore heckler.

2. If it persists. Stop the trick and hand him the cards and kindly ask him to perform his tricks.

3. If it gets abusive, put the cards away, smile and say: "No more tricks tonight'. The rest of the specs will get angry with him.

As far as EB goes, I was looking for someone who owns the trick and has experienced actual requests for the bills. But I think you can apply Scarne's method to paper money with a switch.

(I love answering myself.)

"Thank you, Wizards Machine."

"You're most welcome handsome magical sir."
Wundermaker
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn, NY
11 Posts

Profile of Wundermaker
I keep my EB in a mini himber, used to keep it in a wallet called SNAKES (best use I found for that wallet) - with 5 ordinary bills in the other sdide. You put it away, almost put it in your pocket...and if you get a request for examining you're all clear. Most of the time, though, I deflect with humor: e.g. "You want my money, huh? You're going to have to earn it!" Have him pick a card...
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-19 14:40, Wundermaker wrote:
I keep my EB in a mini himber, used to keep it in a wallet called SNAKES (best use I found for that wallet) - with 5 ordinary bills in the other sdide. You put it away, almost put it in your pocket...and if you get a request for examining you're all clear. Most of the time, though, I deflect with humor: e.g. "You want my money, huh? You're going to have to earn it!" Have him pick a card...

Excellent! Thanks.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Quote:
On 2008-09-19 14:28, The Wizards Machine wrote:
As far as EB goes, I was looking for someone who owns the trick and has experienced actual requests for the bills.

I do and have, and I use the ideas in the links.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
When I used to do Hundy, I would either hand out the bills like Greg taught or make cracks about them stealing my money to get out of the occasional examination request. Since I've switched over to EB, I no longer have these types of requests at all. I think the reason is that I use a different end-count now, which, in my opinion, is stronger than the Hundy end-count. The end-count I use is taught in the EB DVD, and it ends with you clearly holding the final bill by itself in plain view. It is a very clever and deceptive count, and ever since I started using it, the only request I've ever had was to examine that final bill, which of course is fine. In fact, they usually don't even request it and just take it out of my hand as I sort of hold it out like I'm offering it for examination. It just never seems to occur to specs to ask to examine the bills in my other hand. I'm fairly certain it's because the proof offered with this count is so strong.

I hope this helps.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » EXTREME BURN: Can you hand out the money to spectators? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL