The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Slow Burn vs. Visibill vs. Hundy 500 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
They can inspect all but one, but since they handle all of them except one. its all good
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I am doing Slow Burn....I like it alot....it may be more angly than Hundy 500, but if I am in that situation I just vary the handling.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Wow, 3D Cash was a neat trick! I have slow burn and don't use it. Hundy 500 looks good....
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Why don't you use Slow Burn Jaymz023?
Mister Mystery
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
I'm gonna check out 3-D cash. People are so freaked out by bill switches that they want to see second switch anyway. 3-D cash allows you to increase the dollar amount even more for the second change. It isn't a good idea to change the 100's back to ones with hundy.

I have hundy but don't use it.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
I just got both of these videos and am now starting to play with both ideas; unfortunately the Canadian Peso no longer comes in a one dollar denomination so I'll likely use 5's and 50's. It's gonna be very visual as well because of the colour of the bills but it'll be a bit hard to cover the work (it won't blend as well!)
Logic Defied
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
I just purchased Slow Burn and like it. I do not see angles being a major problem. I'd like to hear how Hundy is less angly? I made 1 Slow Burn set in $1 to $20s, did the effect for an 11 year old on his birthday and casually handed him one of the new $20s as his present. The kids went nuts, and he obviously loved it. An expensive way to "prove" the bills had really changed...I have 3D Cash also. The extra change you can do with 3D cash is great, but the additional goodies (thickness)you have to work with make it a bit more problematic for angles and the center fold appearance....I am not sure if anyone has posted the following site for foreign currency, but it is incredible. Color pictures of THOUSANDS of foreign bills. The only problem is that sizes are not listed on all. If you email the owner with bills you are interested in, he'll email back the size. The Bolivian and Mexican bills have some exact size matches to US bills. Check it out...www.banknotes.com.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
There are two demos on this page that will allow you to see how hundy is not angle sensitive. There is also a demo of Oz performing hundy located at the middle of the page:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=728

Notice that Gregory Wilson is completely surrounded by the UC players in the first segment.

Both 3-D cash and slowburn are more visual though. I guess with hundy, you could somehow move your hand over the bills after the moves for a more visual effect.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I prefer visibill as I can change not only denominations on the notes but also to other stuff like cheques etc and can even hand it out in the end to the spec.
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Question that I do not see answered. Sorry if I missed it...Has anyone found a good source for USA currency sized "coupons"? I'd like to make up Visibill with a coupons to currency transpo. Thanks.
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Hi folks,
Check this out and tell me what you think, no thumb tip, no nothing, only your hands http://lsp-fr.com/ Click on the movie "Tivoli's bill switch".
I realy want to know your thoughts
thanks
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Hey Tivoli, I get an error message when I try to access the movie.

magiclee
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Hi Tivoli. Me too, I download the avi ok, but it won't play.
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Hi folks
I'm sorry you can't see it perhaps here it'll be easier http://www.lsp-fr.com/videos/bill_switch-tivoli.wmv
Thanks
arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Slow Burn owners question (Or Hundy/3D Cash)- What do you find provides the most impact for the Slow Burn transposition. Color "foreign" bills to USA bills OR changing US $1s to a larger US denomination? Sometimes when I change $1s to $2s, the transposition is not real obvious. $1s to $100s is stronger, but requires a sizeable hunk of cash to be tied up. If you like the foreign transpo, what foreign bills do you find as the best to use? Sanders mentions some bills on his DVD but their size requires quite a cutting to match US bills. Thanks.
Cheif_Magi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Cheif_Magi
Quote:
On 2004-12-14 23:02, magicfest wrote:
Both Richard Sanders and Greg Wilson bought a trick called Foreign Exchange from me, at MagicFest magic shop in Portland, Oregon. They both saw me do it, bought one and then came out with their handling. For those of you who have slow burn, look on the cover of the DVD. That's the exact gimmick I hand made for Richard and he went and put it on the cover of his DVD. When he bought it from me, he urged me to put out a DVD with the trick. While I was busy producing my Dvd, He took a picture of the gimmick, re worked the handling and put out his own. I was shocked. In fact, when I made his he gave me a quote for advertising purposes raving about how good it looked. At least Greg Wilson gives me a plug on his DVD, but apparantly Richard mentions that the brazillion money is great, but that he doesn't know where to get it. I guess he forgot I had a stack of a few thousand bills here in my shop.

On the Hundy 500 DVD though it says that he got Patrick Page approval and his is the only authorized version. So either your Patrick Page and gave Greg approval or you didn't create the original. Also Greg could just be lying but who knows.

Any ways I love Greg Wilson's performing and teaching style so tally one up for Hundy 500
~~Chris
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
MSD921:
Gee, it would be nice if you could, at least use, Some first name at the end of a post so it would be a bit less impersonal.

To do a Bill Change from Coupons is simple if you have a flat bed scanner. No one has any preconceived ideas about the size of coupons, so you can crop and print to any size to match your currency.

I scanned and printed Monopoly Money to US currency size. I use it often and no one has ever questioned the slight difference in size from the size used with the game.

I use it in some walk around with the premise of asking someone if they can break a $10.00 bill. If they say yes I bring out the “stack” of monopoly money (with NO smiling). When they show confusion, I do the change. This works even better at a check-out counter.

This has always seemed to be (to me) a logical premise. People seem more familiar with Monopoly money than some of the larger denominations of US bills.

Bob
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Bob - Thanks for the information. I like the Monopoly money idea.....BTW, my name is Mike. Pleasure to meet you! MSD921 is my CIA cover. Don't tell anyone.
Richc98
View Profile
New user
Orange Park, Fl
71 Posts

Profile of Richc98
I use Hundy 500. I change ones into twenties. I ask if anyone has a twenty that they would give me for my ones, (they see the ones and realize there are not that many 0nes). Then I do a false count, pretty badly, to show them I have twenty ones. I get a laugh and they don't even offer the twenty. Then I say that was unfortunate and asked them to watch, then I change them to twenties and show them I have $100. (Didn’t want to write the whole routine out)

I did this for the sheriff in Las Vegas, after she gave a lecture about pick pockets. I showed her this is how I keep my money, in my front pocket -big no-no by the way. But I showed her it was only $5 and she told me that wasn't enough to do anything with in Vegas. I explained to her that when I need money I just snap my fingers and they turn into twenties. But when I want to keep my money safe I turn them back into ones. Blew her away and she asked for my business card.
U.S. Army Retired Soldier for Life - SFC
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Hundy 500 is the best in my opinion... easy to perform and angle proof... great crowd reactions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Slow Burn vs. Visibill vs. Hundy 500 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL