The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » As the remorse sinks in (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
148 Posts

Profile of BobMc
What a depressing day to have to list my most prized cups on ebay. Yet I am cheered up by the reason that I am selling them (we are expecting a new child). The cups I have listed are not cups that show up on ebay everyday, so I thought I would mention them here. So if interested, I have listed a set of Sherwood engraved silver and gold (ouch that hurt), a Gary Animal copper Gazzo set, a Sherwood cooper set, a Riser ultimate copper shorty cup, a Riser ultimate tall cup, a Johnny Paul bronze set, a Don Alan RNT2 chop cup, and a Pete Biro's John Ramsay set from RNT2.

Now there are 2 remaining sets that not even a newborn could pry from me Smile
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Hello Bob..

Congrats on having a newborn comming... Know that you are doing the right thing. Kids come first, and as hard as it is to let things go... In the end you will be happy you did what you did.

I saw your cups today.. Thay all look very nice.

What are the cups you won't let go of?

Best
Shawn
Shawn.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Don't forget about
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=76&1645
here at the Café if you want to give fellow members first dibs on some very desirable items............
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3207 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Yum yum...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2008-09-21 21:36, ShawnB wrote:

What are the cups you won't let go of?

Best
Shawn

I am curious too.
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
Oh wow... I just looked up your listing and those cups are beautiful! Best of luck with your auction; I hope they bring you a good price.

And congratulations and best wishes on your new family member! Smile
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1469 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Hi Bob,

Many congratulations on the impending happy event.

Wish I had some spare cash for those cups Smile

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
I am bidding, Bob. Congrats.

G
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3207 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-09-22 18:37, Levity wrote:
I am bidding, Bob. Congrats.

G

on which cups?
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Bob:
Congratulations for your new baby!
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
Bob,

I'm sure all regrets will vanish once you see your child. Congratulations, and nice to see that it was a joyful event that necessitated your parting with your prized cups.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Bob, teaching your child the cups and balls is about as good as the cups and balls gets.

My 11 year old daughter has been working on the Mark Wilson routine under my instruction for the last few months, and I'll tell ya', the cups and balls has never been so much fun as it is when the two of us are working on them together.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
My 18 month daughter was playing with my cheap aluminium cups putting the balls underneath and lifting back up, makes you so proud, she cant do a wand spin yet though
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 17:19, Purist wrote:
.........she cant do a wand spin yet though

Ahhh, but soon!
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
148 Posts

Profile of BobMc
Thanks all for the well wishes. I'll spare the details, but having my wife become pregnant was a long time coming and we are extremely happy.

I actually just ended one of my ebay auctions early for one of my Riser chop cups. I have used that cup a lot and since no one had already bid on it, I was able to end that auction item early. The other 2 sets I own that I decided not to list on ebay were a Gary Animal "Babe" set (like all of Gary's cups, they are complete tanks) and a RNT2 antique bronze Mendoza set. I also do love a good chop cup very much which is why I am relieved I was able to just end the auction for one of my Riser chop cups, yet the 2 remaining chop cups I have on ebay are killing me (the RNT2 Don Alan and the Jim Riser Tall Chop).

Once again, thanks for the well wishes - we are extremely excited.
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
Congratulations for your new baby!
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
magicorik
View Profile
Loyal user
Italia
201 Posts

Profile of magicorik
Your baby will be the best magic!

Well done!
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
May God richly bless your family Bob! Your cups are beautiful, they will all find good homes.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
BobMc
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
148 Posts

Profile of BobMc
Thanks all, and of course you were right that my cups found very good homes. In fact, most of the buyers were from the Café and they paid immediately. I will reciprocate with very prompt shipping. If you watched me with my three chop cup listings, you may had noticed that I was struggling with deciding upon which chop cup to sell, particularly between my Riser Shorty chop cup and my RNT2 Don Alan Copper chop cup. I initially listed both chop cups, and then I cancelled both auctions early out of remorse while absorbing the ebay fees. Yet after fondling both cups today and thinking quite a bit about it, I decided to relist my RNT2 Don Alan copper chop (which is 3 1/2 inches tall). Sorry for being so indecisive, but I was only so because I love both chop cups. Thanks again, and expectedly, the members of this forum have proven again to be class acts.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I still have the Gazzo/Animal cups for sale at http://www.petebiro.blogspot.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » As the remorse sinks in (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL